How often do breeders send kitten updates/ photos?

some_neurologist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am far too excited and impatient to finally collect my fluffy little bundle of joy in 2 months!

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it really depends on who is your breeder. Some breeders don't send pictures at all.
In my case, they gave us one picture.
You should contact your breeder if you really want some pictures!
Best of luck to you and your new kitten!

ladybellac17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My breeder was wonderful sending pics every week and now I've had my girls for 9 mo we still talk and send pics. She has new babies and I just love seeing them.i am sure you can request for pics every week. Pic of my girls below Violet Grey and Khaleesi Pearl(white) 13 mo old.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

some_neurologist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My breeder was wonderful sending pics every week and now I've had my girls for 9 mo we still talk and send pics. She has new babies and I just love seeing them.i am sure you can request for pics every week. Pic of my girls below Violet Grey and Khaleesi Pearl(white) 13 mo old.
I would love to see a picture every week as I'm interested in my kitten's growing phase, but I don't want to bug/ annoy the breeder asking for more frequent updates!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the breeder. We have to remember that most have families and 'real' jobs besides raising the cats so time to take presentable photos may be limited. No one wants to send a photo of a kitten needing a bath or with a dirty face from eating.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would love to see a picture every week as I'm interested in my kitten's growing phase, but I don't want to bug/ annoy the breeder asking for more frequent updates!
If you ask politely and diplomatic, being friendly interested, I dont think any breeder wont mind. Even if some wont send much, as Posiepurrs noticed.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a friend who posts pictures of her kittens on FB at least once a week. I'm sure she send pictures to prospective adopters at least that often.

I got my kitten from a different breeder who I saw at several cat show after the kittens were born. She gave me verbal updates but only sent 2 or 3 pictures.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The breeder we got our Maine Coon from wasn't great at keeping in touch at all. We saw a photo of Luna on her Facebook page and put a deposit down on her the next day (the breeder was known to me already). The breeder said that she's send updated pix in a few weeks when they did the more formal kitten photos, which was also when she'd be having her first bath and real grooming session.

Well, I really had to hock her about it. And I thought she meant I'd get an email with downloadable photos but nope, she just tagged me on Facebook with a couple of updated snapshots. While happy to see how she'd grown I was disappointed with the effort that was not put into it. I later found out that breeding isn't her main job; and aside from her regular line of work she also is someone who is in charge of putting together CFA events locally so to say she was busy is an understatement.

I did hook up with her at one of those cat shows so we could at least meet in person at a half way mark (she's in my state but quite far from where we live). She gave me some time to chat that day, got verbal updates about Luna and met some of her other cats there too. But never got any further photos. I had NO idea what Luna really looked like when we went to get her. Good thing we fell in love with her immedately LOL

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I read the comments and my goodness ,I have to say I can understand the anticipation of bringing a lovable fuzz ball home after seeing him or her on breeders’ web site, when the breeder lives far from the buyer. I am in the same process of getting what I hope will be the most precious pet ever. To <some_neurologist> I used the BACK DOOR to get updates on my kitten which I am picking up next month.
Come to find out the kitten I saw on -line was not with the owner of that web site, but kitten’s owner pays the well known breeder to advertise their kittens for them , yea, confusing ,,,,
I got the breeders attention about updates when they started talking about the pick up arrangements and dates.
So ask away.
I hope your new kitten is everything you hoped for.
I hope you asked the pertinent questions HEALTH GUARANTEE, PARENT GENETIC TESTS,WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SALE ,etc
<sivyaleah> thanks for sharing ,I thought I was stalking when I search fb to find the small Cattery owner who has all my kittens growth photos on their fb page. The breeders do some strange things, I am going to ask them to remove my kittens photo from their site when I buy him. No more luring in customers with my beauty ‘s face. ( It is sort of a scam when they use photos of cats and kitten that no longer belong to them, whatcha think...

Last edited:

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My breeder was wonderful sending pics every week and now I've had my girls for 9 mo we still talk and send pics. She has new babies and I just love seeing them.i am sur you can request for pics every week. Pic of my girls below Violet Grey and Khaleesi Pearl(white) 13 mo old.
Soooo cute they look like they complement one another