How often can you give S Boullardi?

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've seen several posts where people have been giving their cat/kitten S Boullardi for diarrhea. My 7 month old kitten has been having issues with diarrhea on and off for about 6 weeks or so. He will have it for 3-4 days and then he poops normal for a couple of days. I just can't pinpoint what would be causing this. I would like to try the S Boullardi. Can I give this to him right now even tho he isn't having diarrhea right now? Can you continue using it even after the diarrhea has stopped? He did have a URI a few weeks ago and was on an antibiotic. I'm wondering if he's having some lingering after effects that are just not getting completely cleared up. He does not have any symptoms of another URI. Thanks.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I give S. boulardii daily to my IBD cat. He doesn't have diarrhea but it's helpful for his gut.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is some good information on S. boulardii. I have used it for cats with diarrhea after antibiotics as well as daily when my IBD cat is flaring. I have just opened the capsule and sprinkled some onto his food as well as putting it into smaller gelatin capsules and pilling my cat. Some cats do not like the taste of it mixed into their food.

My Cat Has Diarrhea - What Do I Do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. That is a good article. Has a lot of good info. Going to give this a try.