How obsessed are your cats with boxes?

elizabeth1st

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitties like boxes, smaller the better. Nothing more hilarious than a big cat squeezing into a small box! Also one cat is obsessed with the printer-as soon as she hears its clicks and from anywhere in the house, she runs to the printer. I am afraid she may damage it.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This pretty much says it all!

Whenever I get a package in the mail I just leave the new box out till the furkids get sick of it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

This pretty much says it all!

Whenever I get a package in the mail I just leave the new box out till the furkids get sick of it.

The only one who doesn't like boxes is Geronimo. He can't stand  being in an enclosed place.

Mine are also obsessed with this big mixing bowl that I have:

The general rule seems to be 'The Smaller The Better'  
  Great batch of photos, thank you! 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The general rule seems to be 'The Smaller The Better'  :D   Great batch of photos, thank you! :clap:
What IS IT with the "I'll make it fit" phenomenon? LOL!

I love the "Superman arms" that the tabby is sporting, KittKatt!

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Archer is definitely a box obsessed cat!  He's also the type of kitty with trying to get into any box of any shape and size, and who can hardly contain himself waiting for you to open any box to get all of the junk out so that he can get inside!  I really think that living in a UPS store may just be Archer's idea of Heaven, hehe ;)

One time I had just put together a box to pack up with some things to ship to my mom and I was getting ready to sit down with it to fill it.  Well, Archer saw me carrying the box and he did this flying leap to jump into the box that I was only loosely holding...can you guess what happened next?
  He seemed so surprised when he and the box went falling to the ground, but did that stop his intense desire to check out this new box?  Of course not!  He's not one to be deterred by a little thing like gravity!  He went right back to exploring this wondrous new box and would not let me complete my packing task until he'd had his fill:)

Right now we have several boxes scattered throughout the house of all shapes and sizes for him, Hugo, and for the foster kittens.  They all seem to enjoy boxes, but Archer is still the one who is the most obsessed.  I've made him a few little box houses, and he and the kittens do a quite a bit of "redecorating" of them by chewing them into the form that they'd most prefer:)  One favorite game in this house is to hide in the box house and lie in wait for the other unsuspecting cats to come by so they can swat at them from their impenetrable box fort!  It's always pretty funny to see a tiny kitten swat at Archer or Hugo & make them jump from being spooked by the little monsters :)

I actually just got a new box in the mail from a shipment from Amazon that is long and narrow that is currently Archer's preferred box.  I'm thinking of adding some decorations to it to make it look like a space ship or a race car...after all Halloween is coming up & I know I could never get him into a costume

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My poor lotto loved boxes what ever the size. He'd look so silly squashing his 20lbs into a small box. A long time ago my sister was here and had brought me some things in a large bag. After she emptied it and put it on the floor in front of her it didn't take long for lotto to get into it. Oh lotto. I miss you.

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitten has recently showed a great interest for boxes. I was doing tile work in my bathroom and I turn around to get another tile slab from the box and my kitten is sitting in the box on top of my tiles, she looks me right in the eye and meows loudly. I laughed, then sighed and went to open another box of tile so she could stay in the box that she proudly claimed as her own.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Ever tried giving him a box that's missing one or two of the flaps? I'd love to know what he does! :nod:
We tried it this evening, i.e., gave him a box with two of the flaps tucked in. He took a couple of bites and lost interest. I guess it wasn't suitable material for his art work. :lol3:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Now I feel mean and he didn't even get distressed, I spoiled his fun and made him a sad cat.  
  I owe him one 4 flapped box!

It's good that he didn't get distressed though. 
  I'm even more convinced he's really intelligent and got an amazingly rare cat tallent!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He's a pretty laid back cat. After being adopted and then returned to the shelter, and then having to stay there for months, he probably learned to take things as they come.

He does do something funny when he's scolded for getting into things or stealing food. He sticks his tongue out and actually looks embarrassed. It's so cute you can't stay annoyed with him.

He's got the box with all four flaps now, so he's happy. :lol3:

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if it's obsession - but rather more of a necessity.

Thankfully we receive shipments almost daily and we receive a variety of boxes.

Boxes provide a great sleeping place as well as entertainment, and something to chew on.

I've now just ignored all the cardboard chips all over the floor and let them wait for the next time I vacuum.  

If you need to find a cat, just put down a box - many have said that and it is so true!

I have many pics of boxed cats, here's just one - it's Simon  and his box of choice for that day.  

For reasons only known to cats, once a box is occupied by one cat others avoid it allowing the original occupant to return.    

When non-cat people visit we always feel like we need to explain why boxes are displayed all over the room/house. LOL

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  Maia absolutely has to get in every box, bag, purse, back pack, anything that enters her home she must inspect. She does favor the boxes though, i have had 2 boxes left out in the living room that I just realized the other day have been there for almost a year because she loves to jump in and out and hide in them when she gets wound up
!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I see Krovia has posted in a thread and immediately think 'Oh great, it's the cute kittens again!'   I wasn't disappointed here - not at all sure which bit of your little ginger kit's head we 're looking at but it looks like they're having brilliant fun!