How Much Wet Food For 1yo Bsh?

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Marx, our male BSH, is now 1yo and weigths 4.7 kg. He's an indoor only cat and has been neutered half a year ago.

Since he's appetite is declining I guess he's now officially an adult, even though I've read that BSHs are considering "big breeds" which take longer to mature?

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how much wet food he needs on a daily basis. I'm familiar with the calorie count, but that is a bit difficult since here in China they don't put that info on the package.

We've been through pretty much all the wet food available here and after a while he stopped eating most of them. We're left with some pouches which are pretty much the equivalent of Chinese Whiskas (considering the nutritional value). I know that's not perfect, but at least it's not dry food.

The thing with that kind of food is that they only put feeding recommendation on the packaging that includes an amount of dry food, so how would I know how much to give him if I'm only feeding wet?

And if any owner of a BSH is reading this: how much bigger can I expect him to get? :D

Thanks everyone for reading through the whole thing :D

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I think, since your situation is more complicated, maybe start a log/tracking sheet of his weight (weekly ?) and how much food you're giving him...would that work for you? In other words you'd see right away if he loses or gains weight depending on the quantity of food.

If necessary, you could add a little dry, and maybe try some of the wet foods from earlier?
Try adding bonito flakes to hopefully entice your kitty to eat the wet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The thing is that Marx is a little carb addict. If we leave any dry out, he refuses the wet completely. Luckily, he still eats some of the Animonda food, so at least he eats some good food.

I keep a log anyway, so I'll be just paying a bit more attention to it :D But for starters: do you think 4 of those pouches (75g) are enough for a day? Or should I top it up and see if he gains weight?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited: