How much do you spend on your cat every month? (Food/Litter/Treats, etc)

joseph wilson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we have 22 cats, food we feed Purina cat chow and we get 20 pound bags. 7 bags a month at 7.99 each 55.93

litter we get tidy cats in the big yellow plastic containers with the gray lid  we buy 8 of these  at 9,99 each 80 dollars

treats about 20 bucks. vet visits 75 a month give or take. so grand total of 230.85 a month for 22 cats.thats 10.50 per cat

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About $30.00/month.

(40lbs of chicken is $27) (5lbs of livers/hearts/gizzards is $5). This lasts 45 days @ 1lb per day

Litter inside is $3/bag non-clumping with a little horse stall deodorizer sprinkled in.   His "business" doesn't stink, so, this cheap stuff works fine...and he usually does his thing outside anyway.

His toys are old stuffed animals and things we make using odds and ends around the house.  He shreds store bought toys instantly, so, we have to improvise. 

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't calculated perfectly in a while. I used to spend 85 cents per day on food when I fed royal canin dry twice a day and almo nature wet twice a day. I bought 12kg bags and palettes of 24 cans online. It would be a big expenditure at once, but very cheap per day. I now feed raw twice a day and a very small dry food snack once a day. I suspect my total food expenditure has gone down as raw is quite cheap for me, though I've heard of people spending 10x as much as I do.

i spend €12/month on litter.

I think I've spent an average of €300/year on vet bills. That's including two sterilizations, yearly shots for 3, but no major illness or injury. The only non-routine visit I needed was for pink eye once. I won't need to do the sterilizations again of course.

And then... apparently I spent over €400 last year on cat stuff that wasn't food, litter, or vet bills. So toys, scratchers, etc. however, pretty much all of this except a few scratchers is optional. I just have a problem.

In total, spreading vet bills across every month (which isn't how it actually goes), I spend about €55/month that are necessity for 3 cats. In reality I spent on average a bit over €85/month including non-necessities.