How much do you spend on wet cat food?

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Around $60-70 a month for my 8 month old cat. He eats 3 small cans of wet food a day right now and I usually get fancy feast variety packs, iams perfect portions, or wholehearted cans. He also gets half a scoop of dry food every night as a snack after pre-bed playtime in an attempt to make him sleepy, one bag of blue wilderness kitten lasts forever because we use it so slowly.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
About $40.00 to 45.00 a month for two cats. They eat Friskie s classic pate, Tiny tiger, Aldi store brand,the 3 ounce size and sometimes Paws and Claws from Tractor Supply.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit late to this but I only spend about $16 on a month of wet food.
I feed my cat Friskies which is cheap and she is an 11 year old female that isn't super active or growing anymore so she only eats 1 can a day. I get the 32 can case of pate for $15 and some change each month.

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two cats and probably spent $100-120 on canned food if they both eat it daily. I buy Sheba perfect portions and feed 4 times a day with dry food to nibble between meals. One of my guys HATES the food after its been opened and refrigerated so the perfect portions are easier.

They hate prescription wet food. My vet says Friskies wet is better than most dry diets and the bigger companies like Purina usually have the best nutrition.

Sometimes you pay high dollar for some pet food from Whole Foods because those brands are not always targeting the cat, more what sounds healthy to the owner. If they like Friskies and can tolerate it, that would be just fine I think.

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also will add. My cats should be getting around 230 calories per day. Each Sheba half is about 45. So with 4 of those each day (just under 2.00 a cat) and prescription dry to supplement, it's about $3 per cat a day. It all depends on the size and how much they need.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

This thread above may be of help :) as might this post, here below;

milktea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m spending around $200 a month for my 3 indoor kittens (almost a year old soon). I only feed them wet because I did have a cat who developed diabetes in the past. Right now I give Authority kitten 5.5oz - 1 can each twice a day. I supplement the largest kitten’s portion with half of a 3oz Purina Pro Kitten can.

Before, I was giving Science Diet kitten can because it was one of the only brands I found that had a large 5.5oz can. I don’t like the 3oz sized cans and would have to open multiple of them for feeding 2x a day. So I was spending about $300 for cases of Science Diet.

I’m not interested in going the grain-free or raw diet route...

One of my cats really prefers dry food and does weird things like eating the wet food with her paw, but the wet food is for her own good.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need at least 60 85gm cans a month (2 a day) and 2kg of kibbles for 2 cats. It’s about 3.50 a can but I won’t convert into US dollars. Comes up to about 300 bucks a month on cat food alone.

kittyh19834

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm spending around £70 a month, but we use a premium brand. I've just been made redundant so thinking of switching to a supermarket based one to try and save money...

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I make my own homemade raw food for 3 cats but supplement with Feline Natural canned when we aren’t home. I spend about $20 a month on the canned and $130 on homemade, so $150 total for 3 cats.

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I spend about $100 a month for 3 cats, wet food only, fed three times a day.
Kaia and Binx get PC extra meaty pate (Canadian brand) morning and night, and they split a can of Friskies prime fillets turkey at 2pm.
Tea gets fancy feast pate morning and night, and a can of fancy feast grilled at 2pm.
I used to spend a TON more because they were on premium food....but the premium food gave Kaia constant diarrhea.

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We order three different kinds of the fancy feast canned food from chewy.com (the 24-can packs) - and he gets two cans per day. Since he started off on dry food, he does occasionally get a few kibbles from the leftover supply as a treat, but it is predominately the wet food now. We get deliveries of the food once about every 1 1/2 months, so we probably wind up spending about $57 on food (We also order our litter and his l-lysine supplement through them as well, so much more convenient than hoping that the store has the varieties he likes in stock at any given point in time)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah $70/month is reasonable for 1 cat. You'll be able to buy a couple of the nicer brands. It helps to stick to 5.5oz pate because they tend to be more caloric so you get your money's worth. I think my rate is about $75/cat for canned. But I splurge on rabbit flavors too which are more pricey. My 2 combo cats split a 5.5oz can each for breakfast. For dinner it's homemade raw which is a little cheaper overall and they don't need to eat as much of it in volume compared to canned. Raw is 2.2 oz while half of a can is 2.75oz.