How Many?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking around my kitchen and noticed how many electric small appliances I have. Here's the list, at least as much as I can think of. Some things I have two of because one does things the other doesn't. I'm not counting the major appliances like the cooktop, ovens, fridge, dishwasher, or microwave.

Coffeepot
Deep fryer
Basic juicer
Fondue pot
Electric skillet
Crock pots - 3
Can opener
Mini-processor
Big food processor
Vita-Mix blender
Spice grinder
Electric knife
Portable mixer
Coffee grinder
Humongous spiralizer (gift used once)
Stand mixer
Professional knife sharpener - 2
Toaster
Smoothee maker
FoodSaver - 2
Roaster oven
Waffle iron
Salad shooter (never used)
Cookie press (never used)
Bread machine
Pasta maker (never used)
Cuisinart freezer bowl ice cream machine
Compressorized no freezer bowl ice cream machine
Stick blender
Hot Shot water heater

Whew! No wonder I don't have any cabinet or counter space!

Now it's your turn.

How many small electric kitchen appliances, excluding stove, ovens, fridge, microwave, etc., do you have? What are they?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'll try to think of everything:

• 2 Keurigs
  • 1 electric coffee pot
  • 1 Maxwell House 30-cup coffee pot (looks like an old Maxwell House coffee can; I got it when I sent in 50 two-inch squares from coffee lids. It gets used more often than you'd think)
  • Air Fryer
  • 2 portable mixers (Hamilton Beach and a Kitchen Aid)
  • Two Kitchen Aid stand mixers (Big Red and Baby Blue)
  • Kitchen Aid food processor
  • Electric juicer (Found it when we were cleaning out my aunt's apartment....no more forking lemons!)
  • Waffle iron
  • Toaster
  • Electric Skillet
  • Electric griddle (perfect for doing sourdough English muffins)
  • Electric knife
  • Electric saucepan (Rick's mom used it for years and years to fry her doughnuts and beignets. She gave it to me, probably so I didn't have any excuse not to make doughnuts and beignets. It's really nice. Really old, but nice.)
  • Electric wok (but I can't find the blasted cord! It's really nice and if I could get a cord, I'd use it. I refuse to throw it away.....because then the cord will show up.)
  • 7 Crock pots (don't ask; I have no idea how I ended up with 7 Crock pots. But they all get used except for the one that has a metal insert; it burns everything, even on the lowest heat)
  • Dehydrator
  • Pressure cooker (It's just awesome!)
  • Pressure canner
  • Two electric cookie presses that we don't use. I have Rick's mom's old manual cookie press and it does a better job than the electric ones.
  • Cuisinart ice cream maker
  • White Mountain ice cream maker (we gifted it to my parents for Christmas one year and they gave it back to us)
  • Food saver
  • Large electric roaster
  • George Foreman electric sandwich maker
  • George Foreman party grill (I actually like it; it's huge and I can make a ton of food on it.)
  • Cuisinart coffee grinder that I use for grinding spices
  • 2 pasta makers (that I do use, believe it or not. I love making pasta.)
  • 2 food grinders (that I do use, believe it or not. I also have an old metal food/meat grinder that belonged to me parents. You clamp it onto the counter top or table top to grind.)
  • Electric bread maker (that I don't use, but Dear Richard does)
  • An old dough kneader. Rick's mother gave it to me. It kneads 4 pounds of bread dough at one time. It's an interesting item and it really does work.
  • Spiralizer

I don't know if that's all I have; there could be some other stuff. Some of these things might only get used for a week or two, once a year (the dehydrator, for example or the pressure canner), but they're there when I need them. My niece will come in to grab something, too, if she needs it. One of the food grinders usually makes its rounds of the family around the holidays because we're all making stuff. The Maxwell House coffee pot has been in every house in the family!

I keep thinking that I'd like to have a stick blender and a regular blender. But, well, I've gone without one now for a good 30 years....I doubt I really need one.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I don't think my kitchen is even big enough for all that!

I have:
a Keurig
a food processor
an electric pressure cooker (which I use mainly to make rice, lol)
a stick blender
an electric can opener
and a toaster oven

Oh, yeah, and I have a Foodsaver but it's put away in the back of the cabinet because I only use it occcasionally.

And I think there's a coffee grinder around somewhere, that I used to grind kibble for a sick ferret some years ago. The ferrets are all gone but I don't think I got rid of the grinder. Not that I'd use it for anything but kibble anyway :D.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I have a small kitchen and I don't cook too much, so I try to keep things minimal.

Keurig
Magic Bullet Blender (2 of these, one for home, one at work)
Regular blender
Microwave (that I rarely use)
George Foreman mini grill
Crockpot
Mini Rice Cooker (never used)
Air Fryer
Popcorn popper (does this count?)
Toaster
Hand mixer

I have a hand blender stick here at work that I use almost daily to make my protein shakes.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you're not counting a microwave -
I have a toaster and a coffee pot.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a microwave, toaster, toaster oven, hand mixer, stick blender and a hand held can opener. I do very little cooking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try to think of everything:

• 2 Keurigs
  • 1 electric coffee pot
  • 1 Maxwell House 30-cup coffee pot (looks like an old Maxwell House coffee can; I got it when I sent in 50 two-inch squares from coffee lids. It gets used more often than you'd think)
  • Air Fryer
  • 2 portable mixers (Hamilton Beach and a Kitchen Aid)
  • Two Kitchen Aid stand mixers (Big Red and Baby Blue)
  • Kitchen Aid food processor
  • Electric juicer (Found it when we were cleaning out my aunt's apartment....no more forking lemons!)
  • Waffle iron
  • Toaster
  • Electric Skillet
  • Electric griddle (perfect for doing sourdough English muffins)
  • Electric knife
  • Electric saucepan (Rick's mom used it for years and years to fry her doughnuts and beignets. She gave it to me, probably so I didn't have any excuse not to make doughnuts and beignets. It's really nice. Really old, but nice.)
  • Electric wok (but I can't find the blasted cord! It's really nice and if I could get a cord, I'd use it. I refuse to throw it away.....because then the cord will show up.)
  • 7 Crock pots (don't ask; I have no idea how I ended up with 7 Crock pots. But they all get used except for the one that has a metal insert; it burns everything, even on the lowest heat)
  • Dehydrator
  • Pressure cooker (It's just awesome!)
  • Pressure canner
  • Two electric cookie presses that we don't use. I have Rick's mom's old manual cookie press and it does a better job than the electric ones.
  • Cuisinart ice cream maker
  • White Mountain ice cream maker (we gifted it to my parents for Christmas one year and they gave it back to us)
  • Food saver
  • Large electric roaster
  • George Foreman electric sandwich maker
  • George Foreman party grill (I actually like it; it's huge and I can make a ton of food on it.)
  • Cuisinart coffee grinder that I use for grinding spices
  • 2 pasta makers (that I do use, believe it or not. I love making pasta.)
  • 2 food grinders (that I do use, believe it or not. I also have an old metal food/meat grinder that belonged to me parents. You clamp it onto the counter top or table top to grind.)
  • Electric bread maker (that I don't use, but Dear Richard does)
  • An old dough kneader. Rick's mother gave it to me. It kneads 4 pounds of bread dough at one time. It's an interesting item and it really does work.
  • Spiralizer

I don't know if that's all I have; there could be some other stuff. Some of these things might only get used for a week or two, once a year (the dehydrator, for example or the pressure canner), but they're there when I need them. My niece will come in to grab something, too, if she needs it. One of the food grinders usually makes its rounds of the family around the holidays because we're all making stuff. The Maxwell House coffee pot has been in every house in the family!

I keep thinking that I'd like to have a stick blender and a regular blender. But, well, I've gone without one now for a good 30 years....I doubt I really need one.
I forgot the electric wok and the dehydrator. Also the two Griddlers and the big electric griddle. However, I think you have me beaten by quite a bit!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nothing. I had a Crock Pot that I let my parents keep when I moved, I also had a blender that I can't find since I moved. I've been considering getting a toaster, but I have only really needed one once in the last 4 months since living in my apartment, so it probably isn't necessary. Oh wait, I just looked over at my kitchen counter and I forgot I have a panini maker that I actually use pretty often.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a small kitchen (probably average size but I want a big kitchen, I love cooking, so I say my kitchen is too small) so most of the stuff is in the storage room, but if you count that too...

-2 Keurigs (an old one in the storage room and a newer one we use that does carafe size too)
-Blender
-Hand food processor
-Electric knife
-Can opener (rarely use I prefer the old style hand crank ones)
-2 Crockpots (a 6qt one and a tiny one I've never used)
-Deep fryer
-Dehydrator
-Popcorn popper (never use anymore since I got a Whirley Pop)
-Toaster
-Toaster oven
-2 George Foremans (one small one big, I use both)
-Electric griddle (never used it, my MIL gave it to me for some reason)
-Electric kettle
-A small griddle/waffle iron/sandwich maker thing. (I have no idea what it's called but you switch out plates to suit what you want it to do)
-Hand mixer
-Stick blender

It's just the toaster, toaster oven, electric kettle, and Keurig that sit out all the time though.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually sitting out on the counters, you mean? I have an electric can opener, a George foreman grill, a toaster, a toaster oven, and a built in microwave

I do have a crock pot I pull out from time to time and a blender I can't remember the last time I used.

I don't cook much.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a small kitchen and don't cook a lot so I only have a few things
a coffee pot (of course)
a stick blender mainly used to mix wet food and KMR when I have small fosters
A coffee grinder (rarely used but it is small)
electric can opener (due to arthritis)
crock pot
mini blender (used sometimes to grind things for my mother in law who can only eat soft foods)
large food processor
hand mixer

My mother in law lives with us now and said she has a pressure cooker which is probably old but rarely used - I want to get it when I think about it

The list looks longer than I thought but not as long as some!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a small kitchen and don't cook a lot so I only have a few things
a coffee pot (of course)
a stick blender mainly used to mix wet food and KMR when I have small fosters
A coffee grinder (rarely used but it is small)
electric can opener (due to arthritis)
crock pot
mini blender (used sometimes to grind things for my mother in law who can only eat soft foods)
large food processor
hand mixer

My mother in law lives with us now and said she has a pressure cooker which is probably old but rarely used - I want to get it when I think about it

The list looks longer than I thought but not as long as some!
I forgot the air popper for popcorn and the toaster

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a small kitchen so I don't have that much on the counter

A coffee maker
A pod espresso maker
A soda stream
A toaster
A Ninja blender

Stashed in other places

An air popcorn machine
A portable mixer
A crock pot
A breadmaker
A Butterball turkey fryer

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Forgot the popcorn popper. I just used it a while back to make Snickers Popcorn.

And those items are not on the kitchen counter; some of them are not even in the kitchen; they're in the basement. Years ago, we were going to get rid of our old (huge) entertainment center. Rick thought of moving it to the basement and using it for kitchen storage. He built shelves in the basement for kitchen storage and we moved a couple of our old kitchen cabinets to the basement as well.

Some of those items were given to me by my mother and Rick's mother. But I do have an addiction to kitchen things. I love kitchen things.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee maker
Coffee grinder
Convection oven
Microwave
Stick blender
Full size blender
Juicer
Vita-mix
Small food processer
Full size food processor
Knife sharpener
Crock pot
Spice grinder
Foreman grill
Toaster

I think that's it. I have never used the full size food processor. I bought that when someone else was cooking and bringing hers over. I didn't want her dropping hers and breaking it!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Microwave
Blender
Stick blender
Drip coffee maker
Pad coffee maker
Electric tea kettle
Toaster
Crock Pot
Bread machine (hardly ever used nowadays)
Dehydrator
Food saver
Hand mixer
Knife sharpener

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Umm... We are only counting electronic ones right?

Non-keurig 1 cup coffee maker
Toaster Oven
Mixer
2 Crockpots
Hand mixer
Rice cooker (never used...)
Stick mixer
George Foreman (have another one or 2 in the attic)
Electric griddle
Smoothie maker
Blender
Bread machine
Food procesor
Popcorn popper
Waffle iron

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I actually counted, I'd be up all night but just know we have three kitchens under one roof so you can kind of understand my reluctance to list all...
I don't know how to use most of this stuff. Some of the stuff (expensive equipment and sharp knives) I'm not allowed within 10 feet of.
But I love our juicer. I love our Keurig coffee thing-y and I love our set of personal T-fal pots and pans for prepping our own meals.
I also love our meat grinder (nice for grinding food for our cats!), our food processors, and our coffee bean grinder.