How many of you have other animals aside from cats?

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh jeez, where do I start, we have a regular Old McDonald Farm out here.
Umm well we have 10 cats, Keisha, Sammy, Kalli +babies
Dogs
Spike-7 yr old white toy poodle who is missing an eye
Blacky (blackjack)-5 June 28 black lab
Luke-10 month old JRT
Horses
Lea-18 yr old retired (racing/broodmare) Throughbred mare
Red-8 yr old boy i cant think of what he is at the moment
4 Hamsters
Billy-dwarf hamster-1 yr oldin june
Bobbi-dwarf hamster 1 yr old in june
Mika-baby fancy syrian hamster-umm couple months old
Snowball-older longhaired albino syrian hamster-adult
Fish
12 assorted african chiclid
Toad
Mr. Toad-unsure of age or kind or sex
Goats
Alpine-male baby white Alpine Dairy goat (neutered) (no i didnt name him, my lovely sister and mother did ugh..)
Chase-male baby black pygmy goat (neutered)
Lambs
Chocolate-baby i call him choclate pointed (because he has the colors of a chocolate pointed siamese, but i dont know what his "real" sheep color is lol) male (neutered) I cnat remember his breed at the moment
Vanilla-female baby lamb, all white shetland i believe (or somethig like that)
Smores-female baby lamb, white(marshnellows) with a brown (chocolate) and a lighter brown (grahm crackers) spotted on her
No name yet-male baby lamb all white w/ redish on his face neutered
Marshmellow-havent figured out sex yet all white
Rabbits
all lop eared except oreo-dwarf
Oreo-black and white dwarf bunny-male-baby
Baby-wild looking bunny-baby-female
Pepper-black w/ "peppered" coat gray and white specks-female-baby
Hopper all black female baby
Caramel-(thought to be female actulaly turnned out male) caramel colored baby bunny
Guineas
8 guineas not sure of sex , becaue the only way you can tell is to listen to their call, and then i can figure them out, but not identify them again
Chickens
3 bantams-buff brahma-2 hens and a rooster-cant remember what my sister named them...
4 Cornish rock, which are goign to get ate,, i know terrible..
Chicks
10 more cornish rock 5 weeks old- only one named nugget-though he wil lnot be getting ate
15 "colored" chicks-2 barred rocks, 1 silver pencil lace wyandotte, 2 aruacanas, 5 rhode island reds, and 5 hardy concords there is 9 pullets and 6 cockerals-
named:rocky and bulwinkle, and angel, and andie (the rest arent named)
10 baby bantam chicks-assorted breeds still in the brooder-1 buff brahma for sure
then we have 40 more coming on june 8
5 barred rocks & 5 buff orpington & 15 cornish rock & 10 pheasants & 5 polish crested
and i believe thats it, but sometiem we are getting ducks/ducklings

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Macey-4 year old Lab/German Shorthaired Pointer X
Coco-3 year old Choco Lab
Gerbert-the lone Gerbil
3 Cardinal Tetras & 1 Betta

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 wonderful dogs besides my 2 wonderful kitties.

Jenny is a 9 year old rottie/yellow lab mix we think she may have golden retriever in her as well
she is my heart dog.

Rocky is almost 11 and he's a black lab mix. I honestly think he may have some beagle in him.

Buster is a 3 year old coonhound

Ginger is a 7 year old corgi mix

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Other than the three cats, I just have Jake, my 9 year old Australian Shepherd-Border Collie mix. Buffy and Willow hate him (though Buffy loves to taunt him and get him in trouble with us humans by teasing him into following her all day, giving her an excuse to wail and holler). Molly, though, LOVES Jake and Jake loves her. Well, it's actually kind of hard to tell if Jake loves her, but he loves the fact that she's not afraid of him, lol. He gets so excited when she chirps and runs up to him and gives him a headbutt. He doesn't have a clue what to do next when she does that, so he just wags his tail like mad and then gives her a push with his face, lol

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 Dog
1 lonely fish
1 parrot
1 tarantula

Ok, I'll be more precise

Bear 5 year old Lab/Pittie(?) mix
Fish is a 1 year old black skirt tetra
Murphy is a 7 year old Hahn's Macaw
Lloth is a 3 or 4 year old Chilean Rose tarantula

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 dogs - April 14 y/o Border Collie, Sooty 6 1/2 y/o Mix - staffy, apbt, shephard & collie. Vet put down Xlab. She runs like a greyhound & looks like Muttigreemom's dog Karma.
2 birds - Bluey budgie we've had for 10 1/2 yrs, Big Bird rainbow lorikeet we've had for 9 yrs.
My son's childrens python Spirit.
Son's tropical fish - pair have babies & very protective keeping other fish away.

I almost forgot my 3 mice. - Daddy mouse Little Squirt & daughter Star & son Spikey born 2.23.06. Their mum died when they were 12 days old & I hand raised them. Their sister Fluffy died a few months ago.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We also have a 7-year-old German Shepherd/Border Collie X and his name is Butch. Downstairs we have a fishtank with a few goldfish that were born in 2004, I think.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, there are a lot of people here who would be qualified to run a zoo! I think most people know I have three ponies in addition to the five cats. And I am thinking very seriously about adopting a dog.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have the 3 cats.

10-gallon fish tank:
1-cherry barb
6-neons
2-cory cats
1-can't remember what kind, but a small south american catfish

2-gallon fish tank:
3- white cloud mountain minnows

we had a mouse and a gerbil for a few years, but i haven't been able to convince DH into letting me have another gerbil since my last passed on.
i adopted them when i worked at a shelter several years ago(no one else was going to take them). i really like gerbils and would love to adopt one or 2 again. the hubby was not swayed at all when the shelter here had a bunch of gerbies in.

for those who don't think fish live a long time--our 10 gallon tank was "adopted" from a shelter in 2001. i still have 1 lone cherry barb who came with the tank, and who knows how old that fish was when i got him.
our neons are at least 2-3 years old. and one of my cory cats is a good 4-5 yrs old. the other is about 3 yrs old.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my 5 kitties
soon to be 1 little lion head bunny!

2 gerbils

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Of course the two kitties Ashten & Siam

Daisy - Black lab mix
Benji - dachshund/schnauzer mix (we think)
Kanga - female guinea pig
Cece - female guinea pig

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 2 dogs who happen to be littermates, Sam and Spike. Their mother was an Irish Setter mix. Sam is 75 pounds and looks very much like a Golden Retriever. Spike is 95 pounds and has the body of a lab and the head of a setter with the curly hair of a black setter (sort of in spots around his body). They will be 4 in November.

We also have a part time dog that actually lives across the street but begs to come inside every time the weather is bad (she is an "outdoor" dog). Her name is Vader and other than a little bit of Rottie, we have no clue what she is and her owner doesn't know her age as she was a freshly spayed stray when she wandered up to their house a few years back. For a poor dog that was handed the life of an outdoor dog, she is very well behaved and likes to sleep under the coffee table. We've told the neighbor that we would adopt her from them but they aren't willing right now. She runs the neighborhood when she's outside.

choppinbrocolli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Besides my new kitty "Newbie" With us since Feb 2007
(I recently lost my kitty of 15 years to long term medical problems diabetes and renal failure...)

I have;
Two chinchillas (broccoli and Cheddar)
One red tailed boa (Snakey)
My chihuahua (Potato)
An Oscar fish (FishCake)-->>my boyfriend will not give into the name
~He calls him Oscar

kaskacats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have:

Daisy May, 13 year old Australian Cattle Dog

Yannik, 14 month old Australian Cattle Dog x Mutt

Missy, 4 (?) year old kitty

Kagome, 2 year old kitty

Ookpik, 1 year old chinchilla Mini Lop

Rocky, approx. 1 year old female Hedgehog

Totoro, 1 year old sable banded Syrian Hamster

29 gal tank with 4 Goldfish: Dorie, orange fantail; Dot, orange oranda; Jacob and Sammi, Black Moors and 2 Chinese Algae Eaters: Scoot & Scat

Tiny Tim, male Betta

And that's it! Phew!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, obviously I have Molly and Polly.

I also have
A Border Collie mix named Millie.

A little chihuahua/terrier/questionmark named Lucy. . .

. . .and a sweet little gray dwarf rabbit named Blossom. I have some pics of her on my camera but I haven't uploaded them yet. I will post when I do.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had four fish until some crow figured out they where there a couple weeks ago. Now I have two. I'd babied them along for 8 years.

I have 12 cats:
Toby
Rusty
Grace
Callie
Cubby
Vizzy
Jool
Cliff
Willow
Bubba
Pip
Casper

1 dog named Dobber

1 miniature donkey, Petie

1 miniature horse, Samie

1 llama, Dolly. (get it?)

A cat that's been showing up regularly at the barn for dinner...Tux.

A kitten I found on the road this weekend.

I sold my horse, but would like to get a mule.

The end.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez, I thought we were offering a small petting zoo in our home, but a lot of you put me to shame!!!

Let's see...

Obviously, the 3 cats...Fergus, Ripley, and Captain Steuben.

Then, the 3 dogs...Melvin (7 yr old golden retriever), Puppy (lab/chow/rottie mix), and Rita (8 week-old basset hound pup).

What can I say? We're equal opportunity pet owners...we have the best of both worlds!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides my 2 cats, I also have a Senegal Parrot called Jasper. He (although I've never had him DNA tested, he could be a she) is very very loyal and devoted to me, and jealous of any attention I give to others or that I receive myself. He chose me by screaming loudly and regurgitating for me when he first laid eyes on me, and I couldn't ignore such a poignant plea to be with me. He's about 5 now and still doesn't have his adult eye colour, he's still a baby. I hope he will be with me (and I with him!) for the next 30 years! He talks a bit, Sennies are not really known for their ability to speak, but he has a few phrases that he uses, and he understands much more besides what he has learned to say. He likes to give kisses and a bit of mutual grooming. He's a one person bird and will only let me touch him, he's cuddly with me but I fear he may savage others.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1 yorkie who I am told is a dog

Gigi

1 cat who thinks she is a dog
Zoey

3 fish tanks
tank one 2.5 bowl with natural filtration

Amadeaus the blue and turq veil tail betta male

tank two 2 stage filtered 3.5 gallon
3 white clouds vitanmese
Birtha
Clara
Delilia

tank three 3 stage times 2 filtered 9.5 gallon

Preacox rainbows
Annabel
Glitter
Mondo

Pitbull pleco
Metal

If all goes well

Two bunnies

Robiddo ( no idea he is 6-7 lbs and blue)
and
Happy( drawf mix/ tortie )