How many cats?

paula freeman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How many cats have you ever owned? How many at one time?

Last edited by a moderator:

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The most I've ever owned at one time is 2.

Growing up while I lived with my parents I had 4 cats total.

Since getting married and having a family of my own I had 2 cats Charlotte and Toby for 14 years.

Then Layla who passed too soon from suspected FIP.

Then Jasper who still lives with us.

Then Benji who passed too soon from a suspected HCM condition.

And now Tilly. So still 2. I would dearly love a 3rd but Jasper has major allergy problems and I want to be sure we can actually afford it financially and emotionally before we make that decision (we also have 3 non fur kids).

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only ever had one living on my own. My parents had as many as 5, and me and my sister ended up inheriting 3 of them.

Funny thing: the oldest cat we ever had (indoors) lived to be 15 with lots of health issues. But one of my parents cats? Our oldest was 90% outdoors , lived to be 15 and only died after trauma (hit by car, very sad). I am 100% certain that with proper care she's have easily reached 20+.

The other cars all only lived to be 7-12 except for one, and weren't nearly as healthy. Odd, huh?

Last edited:

suecatcrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have 3 right now.. Prince, Princess and Tammie..:) I think that is the most I ever had

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The most I have ever had is what I have now. 3. Lilith, Sophie and Henry. I also have a dog. A 13 year old Border Collie named Bailey

oopsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had cats all my life so I have no idea how many total. The most I've had at one time is five, I think. Right now I have 3 and that seems to be a good number. We had four up until we lost one and they all got along well but it seemed rather crowded. I think a lot depends on your home - cats need to have places they can be alone IME.