How many cats have owned you?

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the term "cat owner" Cats own us. So the question is how many cats have been your pets/furkids, starting with the first cat you can you remember. Outdoor-only cats count if you were/are their full-time caretaker. Tell me each cat's sex, age, name, and years you had it if you can remember all that.

I adopted four cats and fostered another for almost three weeks with the intent to adopt (which did not work out). As the names I gave them indicate, only one of my cats was a boy.

Emily: A 9-week old black and white tuxedo became my first cat ever on May 15, 1994. I was 17 at that time. She died on July 1, 2006 at age 12.
Patricia: A 7-week old brown and white classic tabby who I had from August 4, 1996 to January 2, 2016. I was 19 then and she lived 19 years.
Wilbur: Age unknown because he was a stray adult. Gray and white tabby (no black). Lived with me from October 4, 2002 to December 1, 2001.
Daisy: 6.5 months old, almost totally white. She lived here from January 12, 2017 to her unexplainable death on April 18, 2020.
All five cats came from animal rescue organizations. Bella is in a foster home and the four cats I kept were in shelters.

Last edited:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first kitty was...
Kitty, a tabby grey female that I bought for a handful of money in a pet supply shop in June 1999. She was 2 months old when I had her, but died three months later to a car accident.
Then I had Romeo and Lola, two siblings that I found newborn in May 2000, their mother had rejected them. Romeo died a year later to another car accident (that was the time, too late, that I learned the lesson). Lola lived to 17 years.
Pallina, rescued on a freezing January day (2002), she lived to 17 years too.
Tom, was a stray cat, abandoned by his previous family, around 5 to 7 years of age when she arrived in my yard in June 2011, he died to FIP two years later.
Leo was kitten that I rescued when I trapped and neutered his mom in October 2014. He was born with both defective kidneys, he lived two months only.

I fostered a few cats:
Gigi, found at my colony at the age of 5 month (August 2004), I kept him for 6 weeks, then I rehomed him.
Another tabby grey kitten without name, found on the road (September 2005), likely was flung out of a car window because she had injuries on her face, rehomed 5 months later.
Bianca, a 3 months kitten with a injured eye (December 2017), she stayed with us two months, then she went to a new home.
Lily, another tabby grey 3-month old kitten found in a waste bin (August 2018), two months later she found a new family.
Jerry, found half dead on the road the day after Lily. Four days in a clinic before he was able to come home where he stayed two months.
Morgana, a very young kitten I found at my colony in September 2018, but she didn't adapt to our home and was rehomed three moths later.
Pesca, same as above, found her when she was very young, I think 6 to 8 weeks old, in July 2019, but she wasn't able to adapt to our home and was rehomed to another family where she's happy!
Letizia, a 2-month old tortie kitten, that I adopted from a rescue in November 2019, but, again, she didn't adapt to us, and she was rehomed to another family in January 2020, and now she's fine.

Giada, my calico kitty, 2 years old, found at my colony shortly before Christmas 2019, sweet and lovely.
Freya, 1 year old, tortieshell, rescued in a restaurant car park in November 2020.
These two are my current home cats.

I have three semi-feral cats in my yard:
Mamma, tabby grey cat, age unknown, but at least 7 years.
Ciocco, a black boy, 4 years old.
Ciocco's Mom, as black as him, a little smaller in size, at least 7 years of age.

Plus, my colony, about 15 cats (at least 10 more cats have been missing in the last year), but they don't interact with me at all, they just eat the food I serve in their dishes.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow- indoor/outdoor cat that got hit by a car in front of our house. She loved bringing us squirrel tails every morning
Mitten- pet store cat that lived to be 21
Friday- stray that sister's friend brought over. Died of cancer at age 20
Kira- stray that was hanging around when our house was being built. Indoor/outdoor cat. Died of Cushing's.
Comrade- husband's coworker found litter in the woods and gave us one. Lived to be 16
Torrie- Comrade's sister. Died two months after Comrade at age 16
Boone- found in a barn in the next county over from us. Currently 1 1/2 yrs old and a love bug. He is my :redheartpump: for sure!
Gracie- Boone's sister. Troublemaker is her middle name and Miss Personality in spades.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Frisky, obtained from a home whose cat got pregnant before she got spayed in June 1993. She was a gray and white female, adopted at 6 weeks. She slipped out of my new apartment in 2000 and was hit by a car.
November 2000, Felix, an orange tabby a friend was fostering jumped in my lap while visiting. He was 5 months. My ex and I weren't intending to get another cat for a few years, but he had other plans. He passed in 2017 in his sleep.
November 2018, we adopted Figaro, a 5 month old tuxedo kitten from the local shelter. When we left to get a letter from our landlord, he tried to follow us out. Sadly, he passed in February 2019 due to FIP.
Neko-chan was adopted May 2019 at 10 weeks. A brown tabby female. She's still with us.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat's as a kid were all indoors/outdoor so met various deaths quite young. My dad got from various farms and his work. REBAL. was a tuxedo big boy we had him for 6 years. RUSTY. lovely ginger boy a real cuddle cat, had him for 3 years. REBAL 2. got him the same time as Rusty two kittens together had him for 8 years. He was black long haired with a white star on his chest. RAMBO. another ginger boy full of fun. He became rebal 2s best buddy. Had him for 2 years. TOM. was the last cat I had growing up. He was a beautiful tuxedo had him for 3 years then he became my brothers cat. Cat's I've actually got myself have all been indoors cat's. TIK. he was white with van markings long haired beautiful boy. My hubby got him for me because we were let down with another kitten. He was more dog than cat. Had him just 2 years before he passed. PATCHES. he's my cow cat. And a total mama's boy. Got him from a friend of a friend. We originally was getting 2 together but they kept his sibling we had picked with him. Reason my hubby got Tik. He's 4 years old now. BANDIT. our black house panther. My hubby got him off a neighbour after spotting him outside in the neighbours yard. He felt sorry for him being outside and so small so he is now Patches new buddy. He's 1 years old.

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, there was Tam-Tam, Kuning, Putih, Ewok, Panther, Cooper, Yoda, Olga, Ibrahim, Yatim, Dennis, one yellow one, two grey and white ones, Princess and an unnamed orange and black coloured cat. These were the cats that I can remember. Also, Zorro. He is the cat I own right now. So, about estimation, I'd say about 30 or less than that. Do keep in mind, there are a lot of cats that I didn't remember their names. Sorry though.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had 4 cats that I considered solely mine and 3 of them I have now. Willie was my first and I got her when I was 14. She died when I was 31. I then adopted Remy and Maisie together almost 4 years ago and adopted Flora last year. I had 6 other cats growing up that I shared with my family.