How Many Cats Do You Have?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two cats. Owen who I got first, he is 11 months almost and a year on Christmas. He is just the best cat, apart from occasionally jumping on kitchen counters when he know she he isn’t isnt supposed to. He was a little hyper at first but now he is the best. He’s very nosy and interested in everything. Loves kids, other dogs, other cats, and most people. He likes to pick on my mom and only acts up when it’s just him and her which I find hilarious. My second cat is my little Sofia who is about 2 months. I rescued her. I wasn’t looking for another cat but someone find her under there house and because of her age and the fact they had another cat who wasn’t taking well to her they couldn’t keep her. They thought she was about 6 weeks, but in reality she was 3 or 4. I named her Sofia because she’s a little princess so its Princess Sofia. She’s super demanding and is a little fighter. Since I got her she had worms and she has a super sensitive tummy and etc but she doesn’t let that stop her from being playful, energetic, and adventurous. She loves to eat and is super sassy. She bosses her big brother around even if he’s much larger then she is. She no longer has worms and her sensitive stomach is getting much better since I found the right food for her. Much love to anyone else who loves there fur babies as much as I love my Owen and Sofia.
:hithere::salam::clap::cheerleader::heartshape: :bouquet: :hearthrob: :redheartpump: :clap2: :catrub:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My city went to "official" no-kill city status a few years back and allows 6 cats and 6 dogs. I can afford 3 cats and 2 dogs. Currently I have 3 cats (took on 2 additions this year) and 1 dog.

The backyard is usually crawling with homeless feral cats, especially in the Spring. I suppose that someone could call animal control and say that they are my cats, or my neighbor's cats, or just about anyone's cats if they just had too much free time on their hands and wanted to pick a fight with someone.

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My city went to "official" no-kill city status a few years back and allows 6 cats and 6 dogs. I can afford 3 cats and 2 dogs. Currently I have 3 cats (took on 2 additions this year) and 1 dog.

The backyard is usually crawling with homeless feral cats, especially in the Spring. I suppose that someone could call animal control and say that they are my cats, or my neighbor's cats, or just about anyone's cats if they just had too much free time on their hands and wanted to pick a fight with someone.
Why not do TNR on the feral cats?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not do TNR on the feral cats?
I did on the one feral I'm feeding and had to lie about where she was trapped. The city offers free TNR if you don't live in my county, and the county offers free TNR if you don't live in the corner of the county which got annexed by the city.

Ferals in my neighborhood apparently are unfortunate enough to live in the wrong zip code and get no service. Don't ask me about politics and pseudo-boundaries or jurisdictions. :paperbag:

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 10 cats (plus 3 dogs and two chinchillas), but I live on an acreage out in the country, so I can have as many animals as I want, so long as they are cared for. Though if I didn't live here we wouldn't have this many. Most of my cats are directly or indirectly the result of cats getting dumped here.

I've never dealt with city limits on animals, but growing up the first place we rented only allowed one cat, we had two for awhile. We would hide the second cat when the landlord came over. It worked for awhile but eventually the second cat got loose at the wrong time, the landlord saw her and demanded we get rid of her. The next place we rented the neighbors gave us one of their cats, but were not allowed to have any cats (technically the lease said no pets at all, but the landlord was ok with caged/tank ones like rodents, birds, and fish). So we would just put the cat outside on the deck when the landlord came over and claimed he was the neighbor's cat over for a visit.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My village's pet limit is four total of any combination of dogs and cats per dwelling. (Each apartment counts as a separate dwelling in a multi-unit building.) This is typically not enforced, however, unless there is some type of hoarding situation or it becomes a public nuisance - basically the law is just there so there's something to fall back on in case of a problem. If you aren't bothering anybody, no one really cares how many animals you have.

There's no specific pet limit by my landlord, basically just use good judgment and keep it to a reasonable number.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's a limit of 4 here any combination of cats, dogs, and ferrets. I personally have 4 dogs (two pit bulls, a weenie mix, and a chi mix), and 6 cats of my own with 6 that I have trapped and tamed which are now for adoption (4 are kittens). I figure it as mentioned above that unless it's a problem then they don't care. Everyone here is fully vetted, and house is well kept. 2 of my personal kitties are incontinent so if there was a problem I would think they might look at them first and then turn the other way as long as they are cared for. Everyone is a rescue, stray, or feral, and everyone is spayed and neutered. I live in i would say maybe 450 to 500 square house (2 bedrooms relatively small) and it doesn't seem like they are here usually as they spread out and are in various trees in the house and such. I'm fostering one for a rescue end of the week so I hope someone gets adopted this Saturday! I find older ones are easier, and the kittens eventually make me crazy lol. I love every one of them but unfortunately I can't keep them as I have to keep room for more, and special needs are all I will keep now as the rest will eventually get a home. I do keep them until they go to a home so that could take 1 day or 10 years too.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 7 that are permanent Way above code for our county! They ate all rescues They came 9nto our feeding station and ended up inside. I am taking care of 2 others that hopefully are temporary One is a kitten that was rescued by a young lady staying with a neighbor She is going through divorce and the neighbor won't let her keep the cat there. It has been 6 month but I hope she will be able to get her own place snd take him. # 9 I Am taking .care of for another lady who is homeless. She is a volunteer at the shelter where I volunteer. And I have 1 foster now. We have a 2 BR condo so it is crowded but they all mostly get along

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have my one. My apartment has a two cat/one dog limit, at least for the size unit I'm in, and when my bf's cat has been here that seems about right. But Lelia gets to be an only cat until we move in together, because I think financially it would be tight if I had another one on my own.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two! It's the first time I've ever had two cats. I got Gizmo first at 10 weeks old and took in Stevie when she was 6 months and Gizmo was a little over a year old.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Three. Hers,mine and ours. In reality,they are all ours. But she brought home the first one,then she found one we agreed to rescue,then my mom's cat fell into our lap(and Kim stepped up and said we would take him in).
Sonny is hers.(totally mama's boy)
Jack is mine.(he had claimed Kim for sure)
Pepe is ours.(he has bonded with me)

Can't wait to see them this weekend!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 7 that are mine Number 2 thru 6 were supposed to go to the shelter where I volunteer but my husband fell in love with them. No. 7 is a friendly feral I trapped when a new male came and started terrorizing her. They are all rescued. I am keeping 2 for people I know who are homeless. They are staying with someone but can't take the cats. And I currently have 1 foster who will probably be adopted tomorrow.

I am definately over the county limit. I live in a condo about 1200 sq ft. But they all get along. We clean the box every day and strangers say they cannot smell anything. Then we feed 4 .outside cats

I think animal control has enough to do without looking for people over the limit unless someone complains.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I have too many cats ! About 20 ( ? ) and a stray or two that visit my yard . Two are neighborhood cats that I TN&R who come and go. I manage to flea drop almost all of them .
As time allows I get to take care of myself too !
:winkcat: :hellocat::kitty:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently I only have the two. But at one time I had 6 cats. I have never heard of a County or City having a limit, what a bummer.
Right now I live in a 2200 sq ft home on 40 acres in an open range agricultural area. So, if it's legal to own (I can't own the cougar) then I can have it. But I won't own anything if I can't take care of it.