How long will she last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkerbell's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 16 yr old cat has renal kidney failure and has stopped eating , not urinating and drinks very little. She can barely walk.This has been going on for 3 days, how much longer can she last??? Vet said shr is not in pain.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
How can the vet know if she's in pain? You are more aware of her behavior. When was the last time she was tested? I would think those are not good signs. Sorry for the negative thoughts. Hope she feels better

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinkerbell's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How can the vet know if she's in pain? You are more aware of her behavior. When was the last time she was tested? I would think those are not good signs. Sorry for the negative thoughts. Hope she feels better

Tinkerbell's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we have an appointment to put her down for Monday but really wanted her to go on her own and just wondering how long she can last in this condition. She still doesn’t seem to be in pain.

Tinkerbell's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just wondering if anyone has had to watch their cat in the last stages of life and how long it takes for them to pass?? have an appointment with vet on Monday but wanted my cat to be at home when she expires. it’s going on day 4 and she still does not seem to be in pain but it’s breaking our hearts to watch and the thought of the vet giving her a shot seems so cruel.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat maggie may have a blockage. She strains to pee and is loosing her appetite and wandering around. My mom will not take her to a vet because she is not lethargic and hiding. I am in a boot so I cannot drive!. Just because she does not act like it does not mean she's not in pain. I will have to use Uber. My cat Josie I waited too long to put her down. She was severely constipated and the vet could not put her down til hours later soo I had them sedate her. She is no longer in pain.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway you or the vet can give her fluids under the skin so she is more comfortable? Can you give her syringes of water?

My cat went on for six days before he passed from stage four kidney failure. He was doing okay with the disease until a vet pulled an infected tooth of his and the anesthesia made his kidneys shut down.

I don't know if your girl is in pain because unfortunately they can't tell you, but please try to make her comfortable as possible. Try to get some water in her.

Tinkerbell's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there anyway you or the vet can give her fluids under the skin so she is more comfortable? Can you give her syringes of water?

My cat went on for six days before he passed from stage four kidney failure. He was doing okay with the disease until a vet pulled an infected tooth of his and the anesthesia made his kidneys shut down.

I don't know if your girl is in pain because unfortunately they can't tell you, but please try to make her comfortable as possible. Try to get some water in her.

Tinkerbell's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she cried a few times today so we crushed a small oxy pill in water and gave it to ease any pain. she passed a few minutes later, at home, in her own little cat bed. we will miss her greatly. she was one of the sweetest animals we have ever had.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
she cried a few times today so we crushed a small oxy pill in water and gave it to ease any pain. she passed a few minutes later, at home, in her own little cat bed. we will miss her greatly. she was one of the sweetest animals we have ever had.

I am so sorry.

I doubt she was in pain because she was probably past feeling anything, she was on her way to a wonderful place. More than likely she was just communicating.
I know you will miss her very much and she was one lucky kitty to have had such wonderful people in her life.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the site Team, we are very sorry for you loss. :hugs: Threads are closed after such a loss as a sign of respect. When you feel up to it, please consider starting a memorial thread in our Crossing the Bridge section.

Rest in peace, little one. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.