How long left?

JodieByram91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I took my sisters cat on 6 weeks ago because my baby nephew came out in a terrible rash and she was told it was an allergy to the cat so I took her on. My sister told me that there was a chance she was pregnant as she got out a few times, I know she is 100% pregnant now as she has gotten very big and I can see and feel her kittens moving, big strong movements aswell but I'm not sure when she is due or when to expect them, I have put her on kitten food several weeks ago and I have provided multiple boxes for her to choose from as birthing spots, I'm just sort of wondering If anyone could give me a rough estimation on how far they think she is please

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JodieByram91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have tried uploading videos of the kittens .moving but it doesnt seem to want to work

JodieByram91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I first felt movement in 30th june

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember one time when I was uploading a video I had to really trim it down - maybe try that?

JodieByram91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cat probably has 7-10 days left! :)
She is forever cleaning herself and uses the litter tray a lot and she is very cuddly, she follows me round and the kittens move a lot

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! She was closer than I thought. Good to hear that things went well and 3 kittens are doing well. :)

JodieByram91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She lost her plug last night so I was sort of expecting it but didnt know it would be this fast, she had her 3rd kitten almost 4 hours ago, I haven't seen or felt anymore movement inside her and she hasnt had anymore contractions either so i think she is finished

JodieByram91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put 2 different birth boxes out in the room but Luna obviously didnt want to use them she decided to have them under my recliner chair instead 🤦‍♀️ obviously it's not safe for her to stay there with her kittens all it takes is for the chair to be knocked, I have 2 children too so I'm wondering if you guys have any tips for moving her and the babies into a box where she is safe?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ummmm, can you try putting the babies in a box near to the chair/behind the chair - she wants an enclosed space, I'm thinking, due to all the normal/usual human activity...

JodieByram91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can try, should I use the blanket she gave birth to them on?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use fresh bedding, put the kittens in, and take the nest into your bedroom or some other truly quiet and private place, such as a guest room or corner of a closet. Mom will follow. Put mom’s food, water, and litter nearby and give her peace, quiet, and privacy for now. Children should not handle the kittens for three weeks.