How Long For Fur To Grow Back?

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat was shaved for her spay about one month ago today. How long before all her fur grows back in? She does have a little peach fuzz now but no fur yet. It's been a long time since I had a cat that was shaved so can't recall how long it takes.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It will seem like she is bald forever and then suddenly one day it's all back. In seriousness, with my boy and his various shaves it usually takes 4-6 weeks to get that fuzz growing and about two months for it to be filled in. Even with the surrounding hair depends on the surround hairs lengthy but it should look fairly normal within three months.

Just be glad she isn't a pointed. Their hair grown back in darker and takes about six months to be regrown and color to blend with the surrounding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just be glad she isn't a pointed. Their hair grown back in darker and takes about six months to be regrown and color to blend with the surrounding.
I did have a chocolate point once that broke his leg playing. He got his leg shaved before he was casted. When his fur grew back in it was darker for about a year before it started matching again. Thankfully he was a housecat and not a showcat.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is exactly what happened with my boy :crackup:. Mine probably only took six months because his legs are darker.