How Long Does My Cat Have To Go ?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like she still has a way to go. Have you noticed any fetal movement yet? Are you able to keep her inside and away from intact males until she can be spayed? She can get pregnant again a week after delivery, even without going into heat. We can help find a low cost clinic near you if needed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her tummy is hard and I've felt a bit of movement just like popping sensations then when I was rubbing her bell I felt a very hard lump in it lol yeah I know got spraying already sorted once she has them she wpkt be going back outside till its done....she only goes outside at the moment to go to the toilet then she's straight back in

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I *think* that when I start feeling the tiny popping like bubbles that there is 3ish weeks left. I know once you start seeing and feeling more defined movements it is 2ish weeks.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You'll need to set up an indoor litter box for her. She should not leave the kittens to go outside to use the bathroom. :)

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Didn't get much of a response to my last post i was just wondering how far along you think my cat may be she's and outside inside cat and quite obviously pregnant but how long do I have to get ready judging by pics ?

Attachments

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Didn't get much of a response to my last post i was just wondering how far along you think my cat may be she's and outside inside cat and quite obviously pregnant but how long do I have to get ready judging by pics ?
I'd say she is at least five weeks pregnant, so you have around three weeks to go. You can start setting up a nest for her in about a week or so, or when she starts her nesting behaviour.

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd say she is at least five weeks pregnant, so you have around three weeks to go. You can start setting up a nest for her in about a week or so, or when she starts her nesting behaviour.
She's already been nesting for about a week she's so big it looks uncomfortable I've also been able to feel the kittens move for Twp weeks now lol

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
It is impossible for anyone to judge from a picture how far along a cat is. Just when you think they can't get any bigger they do! If you want a better educated guess you could have her x-rayed!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just be patient! She'll have them when her body is ready!

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK so in the last couple of days she's started producing milk....she's so big and looks soooooo uncomfortable I'm not letting her go outside anymore because I dont want to risk her having the kittens somewhere else...I do have a question occasionally she limps on her back leg could this be because kittens are lying on a nerve ??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I would think so. It happened to me when I was pregnant. :/

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks it happened with me when I was pregnant too lol which is why o asked lol ....this weekend I have my older 3 boys at my parents house I've toldy partner he has to stay home and keep me updated if she hasn't had them by then lol she is my baby she never used to be very affectionate but since becoming pregnant she sits on my Lapp and everything but not my partners anymore lol

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please make sure that mom stays inside 100% of the time until she is spayed. She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery.

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today Maggie has been really vocal meowing and pacing then lying down and purring when I touch her then getting back up again...no sign of mucus plug is this the start of labour ???? I told my partner she will have them either today when I've got a house inspection or on the weekend when I'm not home lol (partner will be home though )

Attachments