How long does it take for your cats to forgive you?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a query about a behaviour problem really, just curious about other people's experiences of feline forgiveness, and thought this the most appropriate forum.

Radar has finally once again come to my lap for cuddles while I'm at the computer. He used to do it at least once a day, but he stopped over 3 weeks ago, when I noticed a small scabby thing on his jaw and took him to the vet for a rather unpleasant examination during which she had to pull out a tuft of fur so she could see the scab, and he had an antibiotic injection. Then of course I had to check the area every day to make sure it was clean and healing up ok (which it did). But he's only just started today to lavish me with the affection I used to get from him, more than 3 weeks later!

I was wondering if I have a cat who holds grudges for a particularly long time, or is this normal? Anyone with similar tales?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I swear Frankie is still mad at me occasionally for bringing Wickett home and that was over 2 years ago!
She's full of that calico attitude so I think she could be mad forever if she wanted to. That also means that she's not big on lavish attention any time. The longest she'll sit on our laps is 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, Wickett forgets with in minutes! He's way too much of a lover to stay mad at us for longer than 15 minutes.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Not a query about a behaviour problem really, just curious about other people's experiences of feline forgiveness, and thought this the most appropriate forum.

Radar has finally once again come to my lap for cuddles while I'm at the computer. He used to do it at least once a day, but he stopped over 3 weeks ago, when I noticed a small scabby thing on his jaw and took him to the vet for a rather unpleasant examination during which she had to pull out a tuft of fur so she could see the scab, and he had an antibiotic injection. Then of course I had to check the area every day to make sure it was clean and healing up ok (which it did). But he's only just started today to lavish me with the affection I used to get from him, more than 3 weeks later!

I was wondering if I have a cat who holds grudges for a particularly long time, or is this normal? Anyone with similar tales?
Persi gets mad at me all the time. You know he is really mad when he doesn't come to bed at night. But we always reconcile the next day.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we take Enzo to the vet he really doesn't like us for awhile after that. Every time we take him we can count on him being upset with us for at least a week or two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar really is all over me today - I'm covered in cat hair, and not just because he always sleeps on the laundry! I'm really glad, I thought that he had just grown up to be a 'don't touch me' kind of cat.

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ariel use to be an indoor/ outdoor kind of cat. She also had the biggest attitude ever. No one but me could cuddle her, and everyone else got a warning hiss. But when she did get upset with me... woo, did she have a way of letting me know.

She would poop on the deck rail. It wasn't subtle either, she would wait for me to be to where I could see her. Only then would she forgive me. It was the weirdest thing. Anyway, she would never stay mad about vet visits and such for more than a few days.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bird forgives almost immediately
Meggie forgives as soon as the treat can comes out.
)
Butterbean forgives as soon as she wants something from us (usually in the next 10 mins- it's the "peeved off" part that you've got to look out for
),
but Smoochie takes days at least to forgive the "sneak attack" flea med treatments,

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Callie has been mad at Dave for like 7 months, since we moved. He promised her they would have an inside house and outside fenced area, and they don't have the outside yet. She is MAD. She runs and hides when he comes in their house.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess Wesley is very forgetfull!
He basically forgives me like two minutes after I do something he doesn't like!!

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Midnight pretty much forgives immediately. She hardly flinched at the vet. Not that she liked it but she didn't hold a grudge.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Longer then it takes for me to forgive her! She could do something bad, and one look after I yell at her, I am apologizing for yelling at her!

tracekwak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I surprised my cat by cuddling with her and squirted the ear mite medication in her ear.  She didn't like this to say the least.  She hissed at me and looked at me like she was really mad.  It's been 2 days and she won't come near me.  I am hoping she will come around soon