how long does it take for hair ball treats to leave a cats system

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
only natural hair ball treats i have been giving those daily to graycie for a month or two now . i plan to transition her to nulo hair ball control dry food how long should i wait to be safe?

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know what you mean by only natural hair ball treats, but I can't imagine that you need to wait any time between when you stop the treats and start the hair ball control food. However, as is the case with most dry foods, you should gradually transition from one to another. In the meantime, as you are doing that you could stop the treats altogether. Unless she is a prolific hair ball producer, stopping the treats as you transition slowly to the new food wouldn't seem like it would be a problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what you mean by only natural hair ball treats, but I can't imagine that you need to wait any time between when you stop the treats and start the hair ball control food. However, as is the case with most dry foods, you should gradually transition from one to another. In the meantime, as you are doing that you could stop the treats altogether. Unless she is a prolific hair ball producer, stopping the treats as you transition slowly to the new food wouldn't seem like it would be a problem.
only natural is the brand name thanks for the info :)