How long can you keep a feral in crate for surgery?

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finally trapped a cat after numerous tries. Due to tomorrow's weather, the low cost neutering organization has cancelled coming with the spay mobile. She is in humane trap at present, I want to transfer her to a large dog crate till Monday, 4 days, till I may be able to reschedule. Or should I just release her and try to retrap at a later date?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finally trapped a cat after numerous tries. Due to tomorrow's weather, the low cost neutering organization has cancelled coming with the spay mobile. She is in humane trap at present, I want to transfer her to a large dog crate till Monday, 4 days, till I may be able to reschedule. Or should I just release her and try to retrap at a later date?
DO NOT release her.  It will be next to impossible to retrap.  Definitely keep her inside in a small room where if she gets out of the crate that she cannot hide or get under or into anything.  Be sure the room is completely cat proofed.  A large dog crate will work fine.  Keep it covered with a towel or sheet to keep her calm.  Playing soft music may help too.  Just do not release her.