How long can my kitten be alone?

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello guys I want to ask the same question ecxept I have a 3month old and a  locked kittenproof  room...with food a litter box beds and comfy places and toys .............................

we dont have catsitters in my country

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you mean how long you can leave your kitten for a day? I've left a 3 month old kitten alone for 12 hours with plenty of food and water and toys and a clean litter box. He was fine when I got home, just super wired and demanded a lot of attention.

If you need to leave your kitten alone for longer, say you go on vacation for more than a day, then you really need to have someone check in on your kitten at least once a day and refill the food and water bowls as needed and clean the litter box and just make sure the kitten is ok. Playing with the kitten for 10 minutes or so would be a plus. You can ask a neighbor or trustworthy friend to check in on the kitten every day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanx for your reply![emoji]128515[/emoji]

Because its my first time being a cat owner Im worried that something will happen to my alice... Iv been super protective that I went to my family's house for 2 hours but then got worried so drove back to her (crazy right?..[emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]) and then went to family's house again LOL.. I mean I have such a vivid imagination when it come to leaving alice alone even though
1 shes locked in her kitten proof room

2 has plenty of food and water

3 clean litter box

4.lots of toys laying around

5.comfy place to rest..

6. And air conditioner opened in the room beside her (its locked) so she wont feel hot..

WOW Im such a worryguts!
Or in other words (a super protective mom[emoji]128156[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji])

Last edited:

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
guys does someone know how many hours should I let my kitten sleep???

and if I wake her up is it bad for her???

and can I make her a sleeping schedule????

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kittens play hard and sleep hard 
Just let your kitten rest because after all that hard playing and zooming around and jumping, she needs it
If you accidentally wake her up, it's ok. She'll probably go back to sleep after a few minutes or may decide to get up and start playing all over again.

Establish a daily routine so your kitten becomes accustomed to it. Many people find that playing with the kitten half an hour before bed time will wear the kitten out so she / he is ready to sleep.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@leen and alice,
Don't worry about your 3 month old kitten being lonely for a short period of time. After all, Alice is comfy and have her own room and all the necessities she needed in the room.
You are making her miss you by raising her anxiety by leaving her and coming 2 hours later and then leave her again. She'll be anxious and confused why?
It's better to let her get use to your absence rather than to appear and disappear again. Once she knows that you are out, you'll definitely be back rather than for her to expect you back every hour or so.
When there's no one around, they'll proabky play by themselves and then fall asleep. But their sleep is not deep sleep. They are still alert to sounds around them and you don't have to worry about waking her up from her sleep.
This way, you can go out in peace without worrying about her and when you are back, play with her for a longer time.

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks alot!!

I just got so worried so thats why I came back btw it was her first time

Ill take your advice for next times!