How long after neutering does it take for the sack to flatten?

rawrmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I couldn't find a lot of information on this elsewhere, so what is everyone's experience here? Curious to learn since my boy just got his done. 😊

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! If you suspect anything is wrong, like an infection or swelling that seems not right, or if your cat is acting as if something is wrong, call the vet. As far as what you are seeing on your cat's rear, if there appears to be a smaller, but natural looking sac, it is the way that more recent cat neutering is done. It will stay that way for the rest of his life and will heal quickly.

If this was not exactly what you were asking, call the vet and tell them what you are seeing.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I couldn't find a lot of information on this elsewhere, so what is everyone's experience here? Curious to learn since my boy just got his done. 😊
If all goes well, it takes around 8 weeks for the testosterones to leave the system. In the meanwhile, the surgical area will be swollen and will subside slowly in a week or two. After the swell has subsided, it'll start to flatten and fur will start to grow back. It'll be flat to touch after that.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It depends on when you got him neutered. My boys were done at 12 weeks, so they have virtually no loose skin or sack where their testicles once were as they were so small at the time. If your boy boy was mature, he may always have a small pouch. The swelling should go down in a few weeks and after that you probably won't be able to see anything in that area, unless you feel around.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my boy's still look intact just a bit smaller than ununtered male's. One was done about 4 months the other at around 8 months. The swelling from the op took a couple of weeks to go down. If your worried talk to your vet to put your mind at ease.