How is the vaccines availability in your area?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over here in Italy, and it seems in Europe as well, the vaccines for cats, both the RCP and FeLV, are in very short supplies?
Vets have a hard time stockpiling them at their practices and clinics, and they only tend to serve first vaccines to kitties and the monthly booster. When they are lucky, they are able to find one pack of 10 vials, rather than several packs of 50 vials.

I have asked many of those vets, a clear explanation to this shortage hasn't been given from suppliers and manufacturers, the only sure thing is that the shortage began last August and could possibly last months, probably to half 2022.
Someone said the problem is worldwide.

So, just curious to know if this thing is affecting other countries in the world, and if someone has some explanation and forecasts.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
North central US here. My greatest problem is just getting an appointment at the vet, although it seems to be getting a bit easier. As far as the vaccine itself, there doesn't seem to be much trouble, at least from what my veterinarian says.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My vet (former vet actually) told me that all of Italy is out of cat vaccines and shared a corriere.it article about it on her Facebook page.

I didn't follow up as Yoda is still considered too sickly to be vaccinated, but I am interested in this too as I want him to get vaccinated as soon as it's safe to do so.

The corriere article said that it's due to a boom in covid lockdown adoptions.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in the North East USA and I heard of vaccine shortages over here. My friend just took her whole fur family(2 dogs and 2 cats) in last week so they can get a new round of immunizations. She had no problem.

So sorry this is happening in Italy. I hope they get this situation resolved soon.🙂