How Is It A Picture Of Our Departed Loved Babies Make Us Cry So Much?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just had a strange thing happen-my girl Floey passed in July of 2016 and came across some pictures of us-and wow I tear up like a baby. Just wanted others to know this is normal. I was shocked how sometimes grief can strike out of nowhere.

I really miss my Floey-she was a big maine coon grouchy friendly cat who loved greeting strangers and begging for food...she had this loud purr that can be heard across the room sometimes. Why can't we get tickets to heaven to visit? Just once please?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the nature of grief and shows how much we loved them. Seeing an image brings our thoughts of them into sharp focus rather than just viewing them as a hazy memory. It's happened to us a few times when we chance upon an old photo of our departed ones now and again.
Tickets to Heaven? I think the queue for them would be very, very long although I would wait.
R.I.P. all our dearly loved departed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a treasure that would be, to be able to visit! I know what you mean. I lost my Chrissy 5 years ago, and still can't talk about her without tears coming to my eyes. My sweet Burt just died months ago, and although he died at a great age, and at home in our arms, my heart drops, and the tears come seeing his little grave in our yard. We just miss them so darn much from our lives. Their love will always be with us, but the absence of their physical furriness will always be a source of pain to our very souls. We never get over something like this, we learn to live through it. It takes a lifetime to heal a broken heart.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cry every time I type in TCS, because my avatar pic, my sweet Lola, looks at me and I see her and cry :bawling:

Yesterday I was in a shop buying some Christmas cards and the the shop owner showed me her favourite one, with a puppy dog. I asked her if she loves dog. She replied she loves all animals, especially dogs, though she has two cats as well. Then she asked me the same thing and I said that I have one cat only, the other one has gone to Pets Heaven some months ago. And I started crying...

I don't think I will ever stop crying for the rest of my life :bawling:

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
February wil be a year. Although I don’t cry as much, I still think about her and ow I handled her illness. Part of it is guilt and the fact that I didn’t realized how much I love that mean cat until she got sick.

Now, I would love more time with her. I wish I could back in time and redo or undo certain things.

But all I can do is move forward.

I’m still looking for a new cat-friend.

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today I am weatherizing the windows and I looked down at the curls of paper left from the rolls of tape and realized my Cleo was not here to play with. We always did it together and she loved chasing the ribbons of paper. It came to me that this is my first Christmas without her. The tears just came flooding out. I just miss her so much.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I of course lost babies along the way and did something unconventuable by most folks standards, even my own. I actually had a tattoo of TAZ with butterfly wings! Keep in mind, I faint at the sight of blood! And I am no biker chick but I needed a memorial and it took me 4 years to get my guts to tolerate bloodloss.. I then decided to get another Siamese Mix with sunflowers and 5 years later Max found me and my tattoo looks just like him too! I still faint at the loss of blood but having my babies with me ALWAYS...

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tickets to Heaven? I think the queue for them would be very, very long although I would wait.
I think that it is because most of us wouldn't come back. Alice died a year and a half ago, and God, I love all my other animals, but... Well, Alice has a part of my heart, a huge one. I doubt I could leave her back if I had the chance of visiting her.

Antonio65 Antonio65 I can't tell you that you will stop crying, but, luckily, It Will be less and less often. At the begining once a day, then four of five times a week... And then you reach a point in which pain is not softer, but you grow around It and learn how to function with It, and see colors again, laugh again... love again.
For me, bringing Freya to my life was a relief. I am not telling you to do the same, everyone is different, but It helped me to open my heart again and start enjoying life once more. Also, having those little feet walking around me in bed helped me stop crying at night everytime I noticed Alice wasn't there any more.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, bringing Freya to my life was a relief. I am not telling you to do the same, everyone is different, but It helped me to open my heart again and start enjoying life once more. Also, having those little feet walking around me in bed helped me stop crying at night everytime I noticed Alice wasn't there any more.
I still have a cat at home, but she's rather old herself.
I think she could be my last cat. My wife is telling me that we've been too unlucky with cats so far, and she couldn't stand the idea of having another cat who could end up having another difficult-to-diagnose and impossible-to-cure disease.
Four weird cases in just two cats over a short period of time defied the laws of statistics.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I still have a cat at home, but she's rather old herself.
I think she could be my last cat. My wife is telling me that we've been too unlucky with cats so far, and she couldn't stand the idea of having another cat who could end up having another difficult-to-diagnose and impossible-to-cure disease.
Four weird cases in just two cats over a short period of time defied the laws of statistics.
I understand it. In my case, I didn't pick Freya just for myself, but because Raistlin was feeling misserable. He was looking for Alice and calling her for months, he lost weight and looked dad most of the time. He would cuddle with me and purr when I gave him attention, but It was obvious that he missed Alice almost as much as I did.

He now pretends that he is annoyed by Freya's presence, and sends me "see what I have to stand thanks to your great idea" looks. But I know he is much happier now, he playa and he even lets Freya ambush him sometimes, pretending that he didn't notice her :)

Maybe, if you were going to pick a cat,you could find a reputable breeder who wants to retire one of their Kingsn or Queens. These breeding cats have been tested for several illnesses, they have been fed too quality, have had their vaccinations up to date and are usually very well socialiced as a result of attending cat shows. They are also sold by a fraction of the price of a purebreed kitten.

Not to say that moggies aren't amazing and the salt of the earth, just that this way at least you are supposed to know where these purebreeds come from genetically speaking.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver is ten and he's my 'once in a lifetime cat.' He's fit and well (touch wood) but I'm already dreading the day and have to slap myself for the negative, future, thoughts.
I started a thread a while ago asking whether it is ok to have a special cat, so to speak, and not feel guilty about it. I realise I'm not alone in having that emotion. Aaaahhh, these cats of ours!!!

Attachments