How Is It A Picture Of Our Departed Loved Babies Make Us Cry So Much?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe, if you were going to pick a cat,you could find a reputable breeder who wants to retire one of their Kingsn or Queens. These breeding cats have been tested for several illnesses, they have been fed too quality, have had their vaccinations up to date and are usually very well socialiced as a result of attending cat shows. They are also sold by a fraction of the price of a purebreed kitten.
Buying pets is absolutely out of question, in my opinion. I have a feline colony and I think they all deserve a home. Should I pick a cat, I would know where to pick it from :)
But I do not blame those who want a pure breed cat.

Unfortunately some rare and impossible-to-diagnose diseases are just around the corner, and any cat, pure breed or street-breed, could be affected by them.
My poor Lola had a disease that some vets didn't even heard about before, and they told me that 99.99% of them could live a whole life of experience and never know a cat with this issue. Before that, my Lola had a form of carcinoma that had been very rarely seen before in a cat.
My cat Pallina was diagnosed with an uncommon kind of hyperthyroidism, she has been treated with I-131, but it seems she's responding in an unusual way. And now she has an issue that many vets have classed as of unknown and not traceable origin.
My vets have stated that such a concentration of weird issues in a single household is unnatural!

Last edited:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you picked them all from the same colony? Because if so, there could be something in the enviroment causing those uncommon illnesses :eek2:

It wouldn't be then that you and your wife are having bad luck with cats, but that there is an exterior cause, totally disconected from you, that is making this happen.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, all of our furry loves, and us too, will God willing, get old enough to develop something to die of. Hopefully at a great age. The statistics of dying naturally in your sleep from old age is staggering. I cry from the pain of losing those I share my heart with, especially those that died way too young, but watching my Burt die at an old age made me realize it wasn't any easier to lose someone you love from natural causes either. I did get to share my life with him for many more years, which I will be eternally grateful for, but all the deaths I have been through will never equal the loss of my soulmate, Chrissy to the road.
I learned to be grateful for every minute, no, every second, that I have with these little ones, knowing eventually it will come to and end, everything does, even my own world. But what I gain is priceless, and well worth the pain, because each and every one is a rare and unique treasure that I hord and build in my heart and soul like a miser.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The last pet I had who died I made magnets of the pics I had. D.O.G. now stays on the fridge and everyone can see him. I go out in the back yard where he's buried and talk to him and ask him to watch things for me. Tearing up as I write this and he's been gone over 2 years now. Shutterfly gives free magnets of phone pics sometimes, just so everyone knows

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you picked them all from the same colony? Because if so, there could be something in the enviroment causing those uncommon illnesses :eek2:
Yes and no.
They were both from the same colony, but they were in no way related between them.
Lola was born in the colony and I took her home when she was a few days old because she and her brother were rejected by their mother.
Pallina was found at the colony, but she was an alien, an intruder. She stopped at the colony during a flee from her colony about 1 km away. It was a new year's day, she fled the noise of bangers and fireworks and found a safe shelter at my colony. I found her on the morning of January 2nd.
So yes, they came from the same colony, but have different origins.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes and no.
They were both from the same colony, but they were in no way related between them.
Lola was born in the colony and I took her home when she was a few days old because she and her brother were rejected by their mother.
Pallina was found at the colony, but she was an alien, an intruder. She stopped at the colony during a flee from her colony about 1 km away. It was a new year's day, she fled the noise of bangers and fireworks and found a safe shelter at my colony. I found her on the morning of January 2nd.
So yes, they came from the same colony, but have different origins.
I meant something enviroment, not genetic... Something in the water, the earth, the air, or in little animals they may hunt, and that can be passed from pregnant cats to their kittens.

It is nothing but a hypothesis, of course.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant something enviroment, not genetic... Something in the water, the earth, the air, or in little animals they may hunt, and that can be passed from pregnant cats to their kittens.

It is nothing but a hypothesis, of course.
I hope it's nothing in the environment, it's the place where I have been working for the past 30 years :lol:
All other cats have lived a good life, even if none of them lived more than 10 years.
Among dozens of them, only one was born with a physical disability.
It's an industrial area, it might be not the safest or healthiest place around, though.

EDIT: Pallina was taken home a few days after her intrusion in the colony. It's unlikely that any kind of pollutant in that environment had the time to affect her health. And if it was so powerful to put her health into jeopardy, then it had to be so dangerous to kill all the other cats in a few months.

Last edited:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope it's nothing in the environment, it's the place where I have been working for the past 30 years :lol:
All other cats have lived a good life, even if none of them lived more than 10 years.
Among dozens of them, only one was born with a physical disability.
It's an industrial area, it might be not the safest or healthiest place around, though.

EDIT: Pallina was taken home a few days after her intrusion in the colony. It's unlikely that any kind of pollutant in that environment had the time to affect her health. And if it was so powerful to put her health into jeopardy, then it had to be so dangerous to kill all the other cats in a few months.
I can't help making crazy hypothesis, but you must be right.
Bad luck It is, then.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, all of our furry loves, and us too, will God willing, get old enough to develop something to die of. Hopefully at a great age. The statistics of dying naturally in your sleep from old age is staggering. I cry from the pain of losing those I share my heart with, especially those that died way too young, but watching my Burt die at an old age made me realize it wasn't any easier to lose someone you love from natural causes either. I did get to share my life with him for many more years, which I will be eternally grateful for, but all the deaths I have been through will never equal the loss of my soulmate, Chrissy to the road.
I learned to be grateful for every minute, no, every second, that I have with these little ones, knowing eventually it will come to and end, everything does, even my own world. But what I gain is priceless, and well worth the pain, because each and every one is a rare and unique treasure that I hord and build in my heart and soul like a miser.

You are so right about enjoying every moment.

When I hold my Greg and Arnold....even though they are only 4 years old, I know they wont be with me for ever....or perhaps I will go first....but either way.....the special moments we share together are limited and each one should be cherished.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know at 59 yars of age my heart temembers ever baby I ever had, loved and lost. A picture from a cat from 6th grade died of cancer and even now my eyes fill with tears! The memories will always be in my heart and he died so young and I remember every name, how tbey died. Tbey hold special places in our hearts And in some cases that it our first experience with the loss of a loved one!