How hot has your summer been?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the hottest day of the summer. It is 104 (106) degrees here today People have been complaining about how cool it has been. Well, guess what? Not today. We are breaking records.

Nicely, it will cool down but then we go into the 70's this weekend. What a crazy summer.

Do you prefer the hot weather or cooler? How has your summer been? Humid? No humidity here.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our summer has been...well, "odd."

We had an unusually hot June, and I was sure we were in for it. Then it broke, and most of July was cool and wet. Very unusual here. But August has made up for it.

I heard the temperature in Denton, TX, north of Dallas, was 114 yesterday.

But, to put it in perspective, almost every town in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas had at least one day over 120 in the summer of 1936. That was just about the height of the Dust Bowl, I believe.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been high-60s to mid-70s most of the summer in Long Beach except for a few days in July I think. Very cool and damp and gloomy and not summery.

Last week it warmed up a bit to the 80s finally!
And today it was in the 90s this afternoon; it's about 85 now. Supposed to be like this for the next few days, then back to 70 for the weekend!! Sigh.

I love the heat, but then, in SoCal it's not humid, so I guess it makes it more bearable than sticky east coast heat, which I lived through for 27 years before moving. Even then I preferred hot and humid to cold.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had one day a couple of weeks ago when we reached 90F and of course humid and upper 80's for a search of 5 days. Sunday-Tues next week supposed to be once again more humid and upper 80's. Normal high this time of year is 79F. Tomorrow will be much cooler than normal before the gradual warm up.
This summer will be the wettest on record. July was 14-16" of rain. August might only hit 10"! My lawn has never looked so good going into fall and cooler temps. No need to fertilize and weeds are few.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot as usual. Yesterday was 107F.... and today was 80F (72F right now).
Most days since mid July have been upper 90s or over 100, with 101-103F being typical. May was cooler than usual, June was hot, July had an odd amount of rain - and in parts of the state that usually doesn't get much rain (with other parts not getting what it should), August is typical - hot.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot & miserable. I hate summer so much & am really looking forward to the cooler autumn temps. Luckily this week is in the lower 70s & it's amazing!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much hotter and drier than normal. There are a lot of forest fires burning. It finally rained a bit today. I am hoping we will get more rain. I have had more than enough smoky air.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that good, the kids holidays so far have been rubbish, apparently British forecasters have said our summer is over and that the weather will not pick up again until Autumn, I hope so as we are going away in september. x

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Hot & miserable. I hate summer so much & am really looking forward to the cooler autumn temps. Luckily this week is in the lower 70s & it's amazing!

I'm going to Minnesota on 9/1 for a week - I hope it's like that when I'm there!

It's been so hot and humid in NYC this summer - I was drenched in sweat the minute I left the apartment. It made me sort of a recluse - wanting to stay inside in AC all the time. Summer isn't my favorite time of year anyway, and this was the worst. Almost 30 days of 90+ degrees. And it started in June. Everyone was saying it felt like August in June.

But we've had a few days in a row where it hasn't gotten out of the 70's, and it's been raining and drizzling, which we really need. It was so dry in Manhattan this summer - the storms seemed to skirt the island and hit all around it. There was so much brown grass in the parks, and brown, dead leaves on some of the trees - horrible. Now there's nice cool rain. Lovely.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hot and dry. I forget how many days we've had this summer that have been over 90 degrees and several have been in the 100s: 104, 105, etc. We hardly had any rain in June or July....I think we mowed our lawn once during those two months. The only thing growing was the weeds at that point. And, considering that we didn't have a lot of rain, it surely was quite humid and muggy, too. I don't mind the heat, but I don't like it when it's all sticky and muggy.

This week, we've been getting some rain and the temps have been in the 70s. We've had the windows open, to the delight of the furkids.....and our electric bill. Nice not to have to run the AC for awhile.

I'd rather have the heat and humidity, though, than have to deal with freezing cold and snow and ice of the winter months.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miserable hot here. For a while there we had a constant heat advisory for temps above 110 for almost 3 weeks straight. It finally broke and now we're more reasonable. Right now we're sitting around 70, which is perfect in my mind. I hate it when it is really hot or really cold. I prefer spring and fall when the temps are around 60-70. We got a LOT of rain this summer too, which just perpetuated the temperatures and in turn made more rain. Luckily we're out of that now.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This summer has been one of the hottest on record with so many days at 90 degrees and a lot of humidity. It has really been an uncomfortable summer and I have really suffered with it. I can't wait till Oct. or Nov. when it will finally feel so much cleaner and people can breathe more easily.