How Helpful Cats Can be Around the House (continued)...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse it quite gifted when it comes to ideas on how to help me with domestic activities and household repairs.  Here are a few of his activities. 

Checking out what to make for lunch.  (He was only a kit' here too, about 10 months old).

Tidying the linen cupboard.

Washing the dishes.

Tidying toys and rubbish out from the back of the sofa.

Helping to build a new flat-pack sofa bed.

Checking out the leak under the kitchen sink.

Helping to make the bed....

Emptying the bin.

TV channel changing:  Mouse thinks he makes  better choices than me with the remote....

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Everyone's kitties are just so helpful! What would we have done without them!

I'm definitely using some of the pictures posted here for the next installment. It's going to be about activities other than dishwashing, laundry etc. Keep 'em coming!

For those who missed the blog post, it's right here - 

[article="33298"]You Wont Believe How Helpful Cats Can Be Around The House​[/article]  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Mouse it quite gifted when it comes to ideas on how to help me with domestic activities and household repairs.  Here are a few of his activities. 

Checking out what to make for lunch.  (He was only a kit' here too, about 10 months old).

Tidying the linen cupboard.

Washing the dishes.

Tidying toys and rubbish out from the back of the sofa.

Helping to build a new flat-pack sofa bed.

Checking out the leak under the kitchen sink.

Helping to make the bed....

Emptying the bin.

TV channel changing:  Mouse thinks he makes  better choices than me with the remote....
Poor Mouse--he works too hard!  

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Inspecting another anniversary present for grandma & grampa! "You made this mommy?"

"Is it ready? I get it"

"Let me help you with that laundry mommy"

Please forgive me for saying this, but I humbly beg you to discourage your cats from going near your washing machine or dryer. A friend of mine lost a cat a few years back when she forgot to check the dryer. She says she can still hear the "thump thump thump" and the feeling in her stomach when she realised what the noise was.

I do a "cat check" (count the cats) before putting on either washer or dryer as a result. I'd never forgive myself

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Poor Mouse--he works too hard!  
    Do you think so?   Guess I'd better help out a bit more then.   
   I always thought he was just checking up on me and making sure I did things up to his required standards.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Please forgive me for saying this, but I humbly beg you to discourage your cats from going near your washing machine or dryer. A friend of mine lost a cat a few years back when she forgot to check the dryer. She says she can still hear the "thump thump thump" and the feeling in her stomach when she realised what the noise was.

I do a "cat check" (count the cats) before putting on either washer or dryer as a result. I'd never forgive myself
I do agree, However, that being said, this was only the second time in Angel's life, he ever "checked out the dryer." (& me always standing right there, because I was doing laundry). 

I never leave my dryer open, so that would have never happened. Forgive me for saying this, but I honestly don't know how anyone could make that mistake. I mean, how could you not see a cat in there, if you are loading laundry. Secondly, why would you just leave a dryer open anyway?   

(I was always overprotective of him).

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I do agree, However, that being said, this was only the second time in Angel's life, he ever "checked out the dryer." (& me always standing right there, because I was doing laundry). 

I never leave my dryer open, so that would have never happened. Forgive me for saying this, but I honestly don't know how anyone could make that mistake. I mean, how could you not see a cat in there, if you are loading laundry. Secondly, why would you just leave a dryer open anyway?   

My wife is a vet, and has tried to rescue more than one kitten pulled out of washer dryers. In one case, it was thought the kitten was in the middle of the laundry and just picked up along with everything else in a bundle. 

If they go in the machine, it's because they climb in because they are dark, often warm, dry and peaceful.

Given that a young kitten is about the same size as a pair of socks it's an easy mistake for people to make if they are just grabbing a load of laundry and throwing it in. 

I'm with you, however. I'm overprotective. In fact, I am looking at overprotective in the rear view mirror and driving at full speed towards crazy-cat-man-ville.

I've also just clocked from your posts that you lost Angel. That was very insensitive of me, I hope you accept my sincere apologies. I'm sorry for your loss.

EDIT. Just read crossing the bridge and seen how recently you have lost Angel. I'm an idiot. Sorry. I had no idea your grief was so near. I'll go put my own head in the washer.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My wife is a vet, and has tried to rescue more than one kitten pulled out of washer dryers. In one case, it was thought the kitten was in the middle of the laundry and just picked up along with everything else in a bundle. 

If they go in the machine, it's because they climb in because they are dark, often warm, dry and peaceful.

Given that a young kitten is about the same size as a pair of socks it's an easy mistake for people to make if they are just grabbing a load of laundry and throwing it in. 

I'm with you, however. I'm overprotective. In fact, I am looking at overprotective in the rear view mirror and driving at full speed towards crazy-cat-man-ville.

I've also just clocked from your posts that you lost Angel. That was very insensitive of me, I hope you accept my sincere apologies. I'm sorry for your loss.

EDIT. Just read crossing the bridge and seen how recently you have lost Angel. I'm an idiot. Sorry. I had no idea your grief was so near. I'll go put my own head in the washer.
Thank you.   I really appreciate that.  

That is so sad that, that happens. It is so hard to comprehend that people wouldn't be more careful. Especially if they have a tiny one. I guess it just makes people like us just shake our heads. 

My washer & dryer always stay closed, but maybe because I am a neat freak, & they happen to have to be in my kitchen. 

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
View media item 340064     Wonderful - those rear paw prints must have looked so perfect where ever she planted them - not so sure about that technique of using cat belly as brush though.  

Less said about that new lamp shade the better I fear.  

​
   I seem to remember another picture of curtains you posted a while back and they looked more like that poor lampshade - were these the replacements @Gareth?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My mother's cat when she was young was killed this way. Busy mom, with three kids. I think that's likely how it would happen to anyone. Horrible mistake.