How far along is my pregnant cat

sydneyck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not sure when I noticed when I started her stomach looking very large all though I want to say 3-4 or 5 weeks ago. She has been very clingy recently. Typically crying until someone pets her. I just noticed the hair around her nipples was gone. I think I see movement in her stomach but am not sure if that is just her breathing. I'm also not sure how to tell if she is producing milk yet, although there seems to be white powdery stuff on the tips. I am afraid to take her to the vet, because I'm afraid if I lift her up it will hurt the kittens. She lays around a lot typically in the same two spots. She has a VERY large appetite.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am not sure when I noticed when I started her stomach looking very large all though I want to say 3-4 or 5 weeks ago. She has been very clingy recently. Typically crying until someone pets her. I just noticed the hair around her nipples was gone. I think I see movement in her stomach but am not sure if that is just her breathing. I'm also not sure how to tell if she is producing milk yet, although there seems to be white powdery stuff on the tips. I am afraid to take her to the vet, because I'm afraid if I lift her up it will hurt the kittens. She lays around a lot typically in the same two spots. She has a VERY large appetite.
The exact day is impossible to know, especially as you arent used to palpitate her nor even touch her tummy, and thus, you dont know when the kittens movement began to be felt...  But it sounds as quite near.  At most 2 weeks, probably about one week.  In the last day or two shee will "drop" - suddenly seem to be less obvious big. - Its when the kittens wander down into the birthing positions, and are also less moveable.

If she wants to be cuddled do so, especielly rubbing her tummy is nice, and helps things going.

You CAN carry her, kittens wont be hurt as long you are reasonably careful.

Vet visit is wise, but not strictly necessary at this moment, especially if you are tight on budget.

Last edited by a moderator:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you keep her 100% inside and away from intact males until the kittens have weaned?