How far along is my cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh really? I read it can take Atleast a week for them to heal and they can’t play or jump of things, etc… in that time. Brother is being neutered 10 days after so similar case with him?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My 3 male kittens and one female kitten were all back to playing normally within a day or so. They were between 12-13 weeks. Adult cats (especially females) are a different story. They need more time. Just see how it goes. Spaying and neutering young is optimal.

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again,
Our 2 kittens, who will be 13 weeks old tomorrow, both seem to keep having runny poos. They’re eating and drinking normal and seem completely fine but they keep getting diarrhoea on and off. Any idea why this is happening? Their worming is up to date, they have not been out yet or been around anyone else. We have changed their food to see if that helps but still happening. They seem absolutely fine, just occasional diarrhoea so not sure if it’s worth a trip to the vet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It can’t hurt to drop a stool sample at the vet for analysis for parasites.

Did your female kitten get spayed? How is she doing from her surgery?

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bit of a late reply I apologise! He’s seems okay now we’ve kept the same food for a few days so I think he’s just sensitive. And she didn’t get neutered no, unfortunately she was too small but her brother has been neutered today and he seems absolutely fine! Trying to play with her which isn’t great but good he’s recovered well so far! He has although appeared to have weed down his legs - is that normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Clean him up with a warm damp cloth and he’ll be fine. He may have held it too long or been a little numb down there and not realized he needed to pee.

Good the sensitive kitten is doing better!

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I cleaned him up a bit but issue is he was then trying to clean himself up and licking around the area which I think opened the wound up a bit. He hasn’t been since so not sure if it will persist as he was in the litter box actively trying to do so not sure. But yeah very good he’s better - think he’s just got a sensitive kitten stomach bless him. Thank you