How far along is my cat?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Okay that’s good news Atleast - thanks all. Hopefully she’s back soon!
Try being really consistent when you go out and shaking a treat bag or tapping a can of food. Best of luck!

PS. We are all happy to see kitten photos if you feel like sharing at some point 😉

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah that’s what we’re doing, we’ve left a window open incase she decides she wants to come back. Of course, kitten photos attached, they’re so perfect 😊

Attachments

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s in! She’s was on the roof of my garden mating with another cat and I managed to scare him off and grab her! Thank god, thanks for all the help!

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should I be worried about mum cat giving kittens any diseases, etc… now she has been out and mated?

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes we’re booking her in ASAP - she is having quite bad diarrhoea today though. Could this be due to her heat??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps, or from something she ate, or from the act of mating.

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s had it for a week or 2 now on and off but since she’s come back it seems a bit worse - wouldn’t have thought it’s something she’s eaten as it was before she went out. Potentially from mating I think

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may have an intestinal bacterial infection. She may need treating with metronidazole. Please ask the vet about it. Diarrhea on and off for a week or two is not healthy.

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
One of my kittens has never drunk any water that I have seen. I’ve had her since birth and so have seen her through the whole process and I swear I have never seen her drink any water from her water bowl. Her brother does but whenever she goes near it she turns her nose up and this morning she was trying to cover the water bowl which I’ve never seen her do. Is this okay? She has been to a vet and she is healthy, she does wee a lot so it’s not like she isn’t getting any water else we would have noticed signs of dehydration - I just don’t know why she won’t drink, why she’s trying to cover it and if this is okay. I have seen online that getting a fountain can encourage drinking - any comments?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neither of my cats drink water despite trying various fountains but if fed wet cat food then they should be getting enough as its generally 70/80% moisture. You could try mixing in a couple of tablespoons of water to the wet food.

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahh yes they only eat wet food (with some dry food left out which they hardly touch) which is maybe why she is perfectly healthy and doesn’t need to drink - I do put some water in with the wet food for some added hydration since I noticed but good to know she’s getting enough from food alone. Thank you!

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Morning all, I have decided to keep 2 of the kittens, one male and one female. They get along really well and are like best friends and don’t worry, they’re both being neutered before anything else can happen. However, the female kitten is trying to suckle off of my male kitten and I’m not sure what to do. Is this normal as they’ve only been away from mum for a couple of weeks and are only 11 weeks old. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to stop it?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to separate them when she is suckling her brother. It can be very damaging to his penis and cause all sorts of problems. Give her a soft cloth to suckle and dip the corner in formula.

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn’t specify - she’s actually suckling his neck or his paw, not his penis thankfully! I am trying to separate them everytime they do it but of course I’m not always there. Will she grow out of it so you think?

13raynerl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
My female cat is getting spayed tomorrow but I’m wondering how I can go about separating her and her brother. They’re both 12 weeks and really close, they love eachother so much and spend all their time together. However, I understand after being spayed she needs to rest and not be playing and jumping around until her wound is healed. Is keeping her in 1 room for a week long enough and is that okay? Any advice on what to do in terms of aftercare for her and her brother would be great. Thanks.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Twelve-week old kittens heal quickly from spaying and neutering. Separate her in a different room for a day or so and just play it by ear. My female kitten was back playing very quickly after being spayed at 12 weeks — probably within a day or so as i recall.

Is her brother getting neutered soon as well?