How far along is my cat?

Mct62213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a cat, Baby Kitty as my kids call her, that we cared for as a stray but I feel like we've adopted her at this point. She would come inside sometimes with our indoor/outdoor (neutered male) cat. The last time she came in on June 3, we noticed a large open wound on her stomach. I found a vet to take her and we kept her inside so we could treat her and she could heal. We kept her in our large indoor dog kennel until her stomach was healed over some and then she roamed the house except she'd be put away at night.

We first thought she was just putting on weight because she was stuck lounging around inside and eating a lot. But then I got thinking she might be pregnant. A little more than 2 weeks ago I noticed movements (seen and felt) but they could have been happening before that since I didn't want to hurt her if her stomach was still tender.

This is the first time I have been in charge of a pregnant cat so any and all advice is welcome!

There is a ton of movement now and since her vet visit for her stomach, she now weight 8lb 13.5oz (up from 5lb 5.5oz). I haven't noticed any milk leaking and no discharge that I have seen. Pretty much any time I'm stationary for too long she is on top of me.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mct62213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She sounds like she may be due real soon - in the next week to ten days. Have you set up a nest for her? You’ll want to have a can of powdered kitten formula on hand in case a kitten needs supplementing.

Check out these links:

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth – TheCatSite Articles

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! – TheCatSite Articles

We’re here for questions and support!
I have a pack n play set up for her. I have a box in there with blankets but I don't know if it will be big enough. Worse comes to worse I'll just take the box out of the equation and put the blankets directly on the bottom. I did get powdered milk, a couple kitten bottles, and some syringes already. I live an hour from anywhere that has anything more than just basic pet supplies so I didn't want to be stuck without anything.