How Far Along Is My Cat??

Anise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure when she conceived, but we kinda calculated and we think she's on her 9th week from a lot of sites and articles we've read, 2 weeks ago she was eating a lot and this week she takes some bites throughout the day but that's all, she also looks very tired and can't seem to find a place where she's comfortable (keeps moving around the house) she's been grooming herself a lot and for the past 3 days she's had a brownish discharge I can feel and see the kittens moving for about 4 days now and I can easily feel them through her belly now but is she almost due??? Could it be any minute?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It does sound like she is very near the end of her pregnancy. She has all the tell-tale signs - discharge, discomfort, eating less.

Does she have a nest available?

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still nothing! Haha she's just been sleeping a lot and never leaves my side wherever I go she follows. She does have 4 nests around the house but she likes to go to the garage a lot so we placed one there for her she lays by it but never in it

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would discourage letting her have kittens in the garage. The house is much better.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you able to keep her 100% inside your home and away from intact males?

Anise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would discourage letting her have kittens in the garage. The house is much better.
I wanted her to have them in the house too! But our garage door is always open since it's like a little play room for us and she comes in and out but mostly likes to lay there (I figured cuz it's warm and quiet most of the day)

Anise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she gave birth today!!! She had 3 kittens about 20 minutes apart and now she's resting but I'm not sure if that it or if there's more because I saw her push a little

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great! :)

Are the kittens nursing well?

Moms sometimes have after pains.

Feed mom well! Is she in the house or the garage?

Anise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes! The kittens started nursing right away.
We convinced her to have the kittens inside! She chose the best inside my walk in closet I put plenty of food and water for her there

Thank you so much!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awesome! Put her litter nearby also.

You'll want to get a different box. The basket with holes is dangerous for the kittens. They can get their legs and paws caught in the holes. :)