How does your cat wake you up

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is more of a "how did your cat get you out of bed" post as I had been awake since 5am. Just was laying there hoping to fall back asleep.

I heard the familiar sound of two decor pieces on the TV stand hitting the floor. Ran to catch Gracie in the act. She must have heard me and ran away. I put the stuff back on the stand and went into my room.

Two seconds later, I heard Gracie messing with them again. Decided it was best to just stay up and feed them and hope she leaves them alone until later.
20220619_071716.jpg

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nobel will pat our heads. He's 16. He used to walk up and down us.

Magnus will run around screaming.

Cal doesn't usually wake us up.

Pywacket21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When he was little he tried biting my toes, and got himself kicked off the bed. No more of that. Now, he gets in the window to make sure all is ok outside , then jumps on me with an angry loud meow. He does want food just me and the dogs up.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today at 3 am, rivel went to my bed, meowed, i tried to ignore her but she kept meowing, so i finally woke up, give her a pet for awhile, then she left on her own. I went back to sleep.

MiloTheBlackCat

Mama of Milo and Breeze
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now with the new kitten I have a new way of waking in the middle of the night.. Breeze likes plastic bags. She will pick up a plastic bag and run around my bedroom with it, including jumping on my bed, sidetable, bookshelf, etc.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue has learned something new, with my new job I dont have to start until 9.30 so get a sleep in but Blue thinks he is going to die not getting his breakfast at 5.30 -.6.00 am so he has learned to flip the handle of the kitchen sink tap on which makes me bolt out of bed.
Trying to figure out a way of locking the tap handle down in some way....(Tap = faucet)

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Suva wakes me up every morning between 6:30-7 am by slightly scratching her carrier followed by constant mewing. She is only in a carrier at night currently because she is so young. But oh boy as soon as she has waited long enough for food she will let you know.
(Cute pics of one of her many naps)
IMG_20220826_095610727.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Various ways and times! If I’m sleeping lightly I might wake up because Phoebe’s snoring. She’s a little cat but has a hell of a snore. More often she wakes me by lying on my ribs or hips, which is quite painful after a while (waking to pins and needles or the arm going numb, lovely). Daisy’s more straightforward, she just pulls my arm. Though she might learn not to do that now that Meowmy waking up is shortly followed by Daisy having her morning pill!

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Tigger, in her younger years, would bounce on me like a trampoline, she's got a bad leg now (she got attacked by another cat, so had to have the knee pinned back into place and the crutchiate ligament removed, it doesn't stop her from getting around, but it does mean she cannot hunt any more)

Since the surgery in 2020, she will jump up next to me and kitten cry down my ear, then poke me with her paw and start to paddle on me until i ask her if it's tasty breakfast time (the words "tasty breakfast" makes her jump off the bed and run to her food dish) <3

Willow sits next to the bed, staring while Tigger is getting me up <3