How does your cat wake you up

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Gracie was getting into her spot on my pillow, she stepped on some of my hair. Although it hurt, I was already pretty much awake because Boone and I had just heard something outside making a horrible noise. Almost like a barking noise but it was definitely not a dog.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It turns out Juno's patience can wear out.

I have a metal sculpture in the hall right outside my bedroom, which acts like chimes when disturbed. I was waiting for the day when Juno figured that out. It was this morning. I forgot to set an alarm and she woke me up with chimes (actually, at my weekend wake-up time, since I've been waking up at that time for the last four days).

It was terrifically helpful this time. I just hope she uses her new-found power judiciously 😛

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I have mentioned numerous times, Gracie's spot is on my pillow. Last night I was awoken when she decided to wrap each paw around my head and over each eye. Now that was a weird feeling to experience. Never gotten a head hug from a cat before. :lol:

This morning, Boone walked across my pillow and stepped on my hair... twice!! Walked across then turned around and walked back the other way, stepping on my hair each time. Ouch!!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats wake me up in different ways:

Bourbon swats me on the face.
Graham breathes on my face.
Barley just stares. And stares.

every morning.
Every 5am. Sometimes earlier.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So as previously posted, I generally keep Juno out of my bedroom, leading to her new use of the chime sculpture outside my door to wake me up. But sometimes she slips through the door and I let her stay until she acts up (nearly inevitable). But last night, she calmed down after the initial excitement of being in my room and fell asleep at my feet.

Next thing I know, it's morning and I hear the chimes. Instead of waking me up directly (walking on me, swatting my face, etc.), she walked quietly out of my bedroom and rang the chime sculpture outside my door. 💞

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy comes into my room for cuddles every morning. Once I make eye contact he walks over and boops me and plops down for lovins. Then he sleeps until late morning or noon like a teenager. Finny is always downstairs on his tree napping so he doesn't wake me up, but once he sees me he usually wants a second breakfast and acts like he's starving and wilting away lol

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to post how Boone woke me up in the middle of the night. It was so sweet. I had the blankets pulled up to my chin. Boone got up next to my face and started pawing at the blankets and pushing his head into my face. I thought he either wanted under the covers or to suckle on my shirt. He wanted neither. He just wanted me to pull down the blanket so he could put his head on my shoulder and fall asleep. :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm missing out for a while now, I haven't been attacked, tackled, pounced on nothing. Either she stares at me across from the room or just sits at end of bed waiting for me. Some people might be thrilled, I'm kind of disappointed.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy: becomes the most annoying living creature on the planet. Purposely gets into trouble in my room, goes into his litter box simply to scratch it's walls, scratches at mirrors and window, really anything that makes noise. If that doesn't work he mews at me. I'll also hear the grating sound of his wand toy scrapping across the floor as he brings it upstairs to show me just why it's so important for me to wake up.

Then he cuddles me when I refuse to get up at the crack of dawn. That part I don't mind lol

Finny: cries at grandma's door the second he hears rustling in her room. He leaves me alone, but her room is next to mine so I can hear him clearly lol

Radtech49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1 cat wakes me up for food by meowing in my ear. Another one will stand at the bedroom door and shriek meow as loud as possibly. It can be very scary lol. The other one just wants me up. He doesn't care about food, he wants me awake to pet him and he'll do it at 2am. He's older and has hyperthyroid so, i know that this is probably why.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton has started a new habit to try and wake us up. First he does the usual meow, actually more of a yowl, then he goes in the litter box. Yap, that works! :biggrin:

Radtech49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Carleton has started a new habit to try and wake us up. First he does the usual meow, actually more of a yowl, then he goes in the litter box. Yap, that works! :biggrin:
I just love the name carleton

MiloTheBlackCat

Mama of Milo and Breeze
Adult Cat
Purraise
The thing is... My cat doesn't wake me up :) My mom puts him on my bed and lets him walk all over me and make biscuits on my chest :lol: