How does your cat wake you up

Harborlily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bailey and Zoe don’t wake me... they sit quietly in the hall waiting...

Gambit on the other hand.... jumps up onto my chest- all 16 lbs of him- then YOWLS in my face. If I don’t crack an eye... then he starts swatting my face WITH HIS CLAWS OUT. If I still stay asleep or dare to fall back asleep, he will bite my nose. 🙄

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loud Yeow from lounge room..galloping feet into bedroom, lands on bed and runs up my body to bedhead, jumps to side table ,across bedhead to other side table, then cross floor to dresser and stands on back legs and paws the mirror until it rattles against the wall that loud I yell at him..then thunder of feet back into lounge.
Repeat as long as necessary. If that fails bite toes.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minish gets bored and I give her breakfast so she wants me up early. I trained us not to wake me up before the alarm. That works most of the time. Although she knows I will not engage with her in any way before the alarm, she tries subtle ways and escalates if I sleep in too much:
Jumping on the bed very loud.
Walking or sitting on my bladder.
Laying face down on my chest (she's quite heavy)
These work to wake me up but I return to sleep so she doesn't do them often. Mostly she lies on the foot of the bed, waits and when I wake up, I'm greeted by 2 saucer eyes and a trill, followed by a jetting kitty towards the bathroom then the kitchen. It's lovely.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone came into my room about 0145. I was laying on my side so he bulldozed his head under my chin and started suckling on my shirt while knead my face. Good thing I clipped his nails a few days ago. :) About 15 minutes later, Gracie came in and took her rightful spot on my pillow. We laid like that until it was time to get up at 0230.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
The funny thing is it's not my indoor cats who wake me up--they are very quiet kitties. It is my backyard kitties who wake me up around 5am and even earlier in the winter. My bedroom is in the back of the house where there are sliding doors that lead to the deck and that is where my small group of kitties hang waiting for food. They will bang on either the sliding door or my window to wake me up. They keep up a ruckus until I wake up. Lol the little brats! 😼😺😽😸

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone couldn't decide which potty box to use so he'd scratch in one for about 15 seconds and then go to the other. When he finally decided, he had gotten Gracie attention so of course she had to be right there beside the box.

The way Boone was squatting, his tail was hanging over the edge. I had to keep Gracie distracted so she'd stop trying to play with his tail while he was pooping. :doh:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine jump up on the bed, purring terribly loudly and meowing if that doesn't get results. 2 of them anyway, Molly is always the perfect lady, waiting by the door to see what happens. (or maybe SHE sent them in!) They walk around, up and over you, and stick their face right into yours, like (Whazup!) A long meow right into your face is not the most pleasant way to wake up!

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
nowadays she gave up on waking me up at 6 AM and just napped on my foot while i'm still on bed. still doesn't stop her 1-2 AM meowing still. she usually just wants pets for 15 minutes straight, then go back to whatever she does at night, i go back to sleep.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it gets much past 6:30 or 7, Honeybun needs her breakfast, so she hops up on the windowsill. The blinds are down at night, so she sits on the sill and rattles the metal blinds loudly against the window til i wake up and feed her.

Ive even woken up and kept my eyes almost closed and watched her, and she literally slaps the blinds against the window 3 or 4 times, stops, and looks at me to see if i'm up and moving. If i'm not she slaps at the blinds again, if i am she hops from the sill to the bed, rubs against me, then hops down to wait for breakfast.

I'm a slave to a 10 pound cat.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Puar sleeps with me all night, which is great. Usually no late night yowls. In the mornings, he waits, relatively patiently, until the alarm goes off at 6am. Then he is in my face screaming or trying to attack my toes.
On the weekends, he will scream or make a fuss until about 6:45 and then begrudgingly come back to bed where we can sleep until maybe 9:30 or 10, but after that he goes into real terror mode.
The biggest problem is when he wakes himself up at 4:30. Sometimes he just goes and eats some kibble, uses the litterbox and the scratcher and comes back to bed...lately he's been getting in an extra play session and his favorite toys all jingle or crinkle loudly. Sometimes he does this until 5:45(!) and then sits and waits for my 6am alarm, not knowing I've been awake the whole time D:
This morning the little pooper had the audacity to come back to bed at like 5:30, meaning I got in a little snooze before we were back in scream city.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's funny to see this post surfacing today, since I just snapped a pic this morning of how my Juno greets me every morning. I don't let Juno in the bedroom for the time being (maybe when she's older and I'm back in the office). Every morning, I open my bedroom door and find her waiting politely outside, exactly like in the attached photo. It slays me how patient she is.

Attachments

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 20 minutes before my alarm was to go off, Gracie came into my room. She walked up one of my legs, up my back, and onto the pillow. Because I didn't move, she went around to the other side of the bed and walked back down the other leg and left. :lol: