How Does Your Cat Wake You Up In The Morning For Food?

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine wakes me up by knocking over her picture of have of her off my table by my bed than she knocks the tissues over than my trashcan what does yours do to wake you up?

IronHippo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Marple's go-to is to sit very politely on the edge of the bed (the only time she voluntarily goes into the bed) and stare. On the way there, she will delicately walk over us, threading her feet between our legs so that her belly fur brushes us as she goes by but never actually placing her feet on us. Eventually, as she sits and stares, she may meow. If she is really desperate, she will gently but firmly put a paw on the side of our faces; if we are facing away from her, she will pull (no claws) to turn our heads and force us to look at her.

Radish, I am pretty sure, is the kitty equivalent of a five year old who is fresh from sleep and just wants to run all over the place and watch Saturday morning cartoons. Sometimes he remembers he is hungry and bounces on the bed, bell jingling, following Marple's lead. But for the most part if we wake up because of Radish, it's because he's doing circuits around the apartment.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
About 7ish Willow comes and lays on the rug near my bed and stares at me I think to see if there are signs I am waking up. If I don’t by 8:00 or so, she starts meowing very loud until I do get up.

lisa&miu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Marple's go-to is to sit very politely on the edge of the bed (the only time she voluntarily goes into the bed) and stare. On the way there, she will delicately walk over us, threading her feet between our legs so that her belly fur brushes us as she goes by but never actually placing her feet on us. Eventually, as she sits and stares, she may meow. If she is really desperate, she will gently but firmly put a paw on the side of our faces; if we are facing away from her, she will pull (no claws) to turn our heads and force us to look at her.

Radish, I am pretty sure, is the kitty equivalent of a five year old who is fresh from sleep and just wants to run all over the place and watch Saturday morning cartoons. Sometimes he remembers he is hungry and bounces on the bed, bell jingling, following Marple's lead. But for the most part if we wake up because of Radish, it's because he's doing circuits around the apartment.
Our cat does the exact same thing :D

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stevie doesn't wake me up. She is very patient and kind and will wait for me to get up to feed her like a good little princess. Gizmo will walk all over me, specifically walking his 14lbs over my chest which any woman will tell you doesn't feel the best. If that doesn't work he'll knock whatever is on the nightstand over, full cups of water are no issue for him whatsoever. :doh2:

Minxrat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poppy whacks me in my face (or nearly - she's blind) periodically throughout the night for food. In the morning, however, the "NNNNNNN" persistent noises start whilst she's lying on the floor clawing at my (material covered) bedframe :eek:, whereas Milo just tramples all over me and sometimes comes and peers in my face if I'm too still. She's by far the biggest pain out of the two lmao!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mowgli races around the bed and leaps over our heads, yowling the entire time. Usually he does it between 4:30 and 5 a.m..

Our last cat found the most effective way to wake me up - at 5 a.m. - was to stick a paw in my mouth!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I feed my three girls about an hour after I get up so they don’t usually bother me in bed. Mocha occasionally will come into the bedroom and give a tiny squeak, but that’s about it. They do all sit and watch me like hawks while I drink my coffee and read before breakfast. And sometimes one will pick a faux fight to see if she can speed up the process. Doesn’t work. :)

Sara, my “beginner” kitty back in the ‘70s, used to sit quietly next to my head and stare. If that didn’t work, she’d reach out a soft paw and gently touch my eyelid. “I know you’re in there. It is time to start the day.” My smart tortie!

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the few things I have taught Molly is that waking me up isn't how you get food. I make a point of not feeding her right away if she woke me up, and I usually put out her dry food serving right before going to sleep so she isn't starving in the morning. If she's REALLY obnoxious for some reason in the morning, I'll put her out of my bedroom and close the door and ignore her for an hour before I come out. That said....Molly tends to be right next to me when I wake up, catloafed and staring at me, or curled up and asleep.