How Does Your Cat Take Care Of You?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista reminds me that 4am exists but also two sleeps can be better than one. (We both sleep from about 12:30a to 4 and 5 to 8:30a)

If I forget to do the dishes, she will do them for me.

She makes sure I never get ambushed in the bathroom. Unless it’s her doing the ambush.

She makes sure I never have a conference call at home without a cat in my lap. As any good super-villain would.

But mostly she teaches me about persistence and resilience. This past year has not been easy for her. But she still has so much love and life and fight in her. She’s basically my hero!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Krista reminds me that 4am exists but also two sleeps can be better than one. (We both sleep from about 12:30a to 4 and 5 to 8:30a)

If I forget to do the dishes, she will do them for me.

She makes sure I never get ambushed in the bathroom. Unless it’s her doing the ambush.

She makes sure I never have a conference call at home without a cat in my lap. As any good super-villain would.

But mostly she teaches me about persistence and resilience. This past year has not been easy for her. But she still has so much love and life and fight in her. She’s basically my hero!
That's so sweet and lovely, she sounds wonderful!

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What lovely cats. I am so so jealous! My cat was a rescue from the street and although I know she 'likes' me she never shows affection and is completely independent. The closest 'care' I got was when I was shouting at someone and very angry, she stood on my lap with her paws on my cheeks and meowed looking into my eyes. :)

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What lovely cats. I am so so jealous! My cat was a rescue from the street and although I know she 'likes' me she never shows affection and is completely independent. The closest 'care' I got was when I was shouting at someone and very angry, she stood on my lap with her paws on my cheeks and meowed looking into my eyes. :)
The older cat which i still have is the same personality, she is very independent, sweet, royal like cat , but curious, will come to you on her terms so i have to go up to her and pat her if she is just hanging around at the front or sleeping under the shrub . How ever she does greet me at the car when i come home from work which is great, she likes to rub her head on the door of the car so i cant close it lol, so i have to stand there and wait for her to finish rubbing her head while giving her a pat so i can close the car door lol . I dont mind cause i can give her a few pats lol

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I'm exhausted and just about to fall asleep Cookie is kind enough to poop (and not cover it) so I have to get up and clean it, effectively keeping me awake for no less than 20 more minutes. Apparently, she knows being sleep deprived is my natural state and getting a full night of sleep would throw the world off balance. So kind of her.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Why, my cats help me with everything! Here is Mizu giving me hair styling tips...

There's Raja, using her butt to tell me when the oven is finished preheating...

Mizu, helping me put the groceries away and making sure I do a good job...

Ensuring we drink enough water...

As well as leaving me thoughtful gifts where I'm sure to find them!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Why, my cats help me with everything! Here is Mizu giving me hair styling tips...

WOW, RajaNMizu RajaNMizu -- you do have some extremely helpful felines! ConCATulations to you! :yess::goldstar::cutecat::kneading::redheartpump::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Wow, they take great care of you...and run a tight ship too! At least they leave thoughtful gifts. God knows all the household objects would kill us if they didn't kill them for us first!

Wonderfulcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Back when I was a teenager I once collapsed on the floor in my parents' house and Nala was there. She was the only one who saw it and stayed by my side until I was alright again.

Later I got married and my husband and I were in a summer house with my family. the summer house had a pool and we decided to take a swim. The door was closed but made of glass so Nala could watch us. She panicked when we started diving. I guess she thought we were drowning and she tried to open the door, started meowing loudly and then went into the living room to fetch other family members. We had to get up from the water to show her we were alright.

A few years ago, when we moved and then had both Nala and Boris, we set up a tent in the garden. Our two girls and I were inside the tent when the cats heard something outside. They both sat down in front of our tent and watched as if protecting us from danger.

Scarlet and Star always want attention. Scarlet is very interested in my belly now there's a baby in there. She hugs it and places her head on it. The kicking in her face appearently doesn't bother her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back when I was a teenager I once collapsed on the floor in my parents' house and Nala was there. She was the only one who saw it and stayed by my side until I was alright again.

Later I got married and my husband and I were in a summer house with my family. the summer house had a pool and we decided to take a swim. The door was closed but made of glass so Nala could watch us. She panicked when we started diving. I guess she thought we were drowning and she tried to open the door, started meowing loudly and then went into the living room to fetch other family members. We had to get up from the water to show her we were alright.

A few years ago, when we moved and then had both Nala and Boris, we set up a tent in the garden. Our two girls and I were inside the tent when the cats heard something outside. They both sat down in front of our tent and watched as if protecting us from danger.

Scarlet and Star always want attention. Scarlet is very interested in my belly now there's a baby in there. She hugs it and places her head on it. The kicking in her face appearently doesn't bother her.
Wow! When I was a teenager, my best friend was over at our house, and I was drying dishes while Mom washed them. My friend was standing with her back to the cabinets talking with us. All of a sudden I caught a movement out the corner of my eye and when I looked over there, she was on the floor. She didn't make a sound or anything. Just passed out cold. I don't remember if we carried her or if she came to, but she spent some time in the guest room and then got up as if everything was fine. Very shocking! IDK where our cat was at the time, but he was not involved.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this will sound crazy and some may not believe me but Felix takes care of me by keeping negative spirits away. I never sleep peacefully when he's not in my bed. I always have nightmares and strange encounters. But ever since he's been sleeping next to me, nothing has happened like before. It is so important for him to be around when I sleep because that is when I am especially vulnerable. Sometimes he will alert me when something isn't 100%.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this will sound crazy and some may not believe me but Felix takes care of me by keeping negative spirits away. I never sleep peacefully when he's not in my bed. I always have nightmares and strange encounters. But ever since he's been sleeping next to me, nothing has happened like before. It is so important for him to be around when I sleep because that is when I am especially vulnerable. Sometimes he will alert me when something isn't 100%.
Not "crazy" at all, Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily . Cats are far more sensitive and intuitive than humans and all of their senses are purer and more finely tuned than humans', because for one thing, they have far fewer stimuli stressing them out and overloading them. Cats are crepuscular, too, which means they are most active at dawn and dusk, when their usual prey of small rodents are most active. So they will be most alert when a lot of us aren't. My cats have alerted me to all kinds of things by growling and "pointing" in the direction of something they hear that's not normal. I always trust them, because they are always right.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton is my sweet, sensitive boy. :hearthrob: My husband says he is attached to me like velcro. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep he will come into bed, sleep by my side with his head near the pillow and purr to his heart's content. His purr is like magic - it relaxes me and lulls me back to sleep. :lovecat: I believe cats are definitely in tune with our feelings.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had not had a pet as an adult.
FurBall joined me before I turned 50 in 2000.
23 Dec 2003, I went in for an angiogram.
The Christmas Holidays consisted of Coronary Arterial Bypass Graphs or open chest heart surgery.
I got out on the 26 Dec 2003, yet of course single folks don't go home.
I went to my parents home.

FurBall had been moved there to help me recover.
Others opened the door and a family member was holding her.
I made the 60 second walk to the couch and very slowly sat down.
FurBall jumped to my knees so I could pet her.
30 seconds later she was kneading my heart with her soft paws.
She had not done this before.
Apparently she could hear a difference in sound from my chest.

Last edited:

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In 2008, FurBall's cold muzzle was being pushed deeply into my cheek.
It was 1 AM and my forehead hurt and was on the desk top.
Although my forehead hurt, she eventually woke me.
I tried to tell her I was OK. Though the words were garbled.
My hands and feet tingled.

My dear calico friend had awaken me while having a stroke, which allowed me to get to the emergency room in time.
FurBall_big_stamp.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh, Lelia accidentally unclogged my bathtub drain yesterday or the day before (she was playing and spotted something she had to get out down there) and has killed two bugs in the past couple days. So I guess she takes care of me sometimes.

She did stay by me in bed when I had a fever once and tried to lick me better and didn't beg for playtime like normal, so I think when I really need something she'll be there for me.

Wonderfulcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Carleton is my sweet, sensitive boy. :hearthrob: My husband says he is attached to me like velcro. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep he will come into bed, sleep by my side with his head near the pillow and purr to his heart's content. His purr is like magic - it relaxes me and lulls me back to sleep. :lovecat: I believe cats are definitely in tune with our feelings.
That is so sweet. :) Nala loves to sleep next to me, too. This morning my husband got up first and the cat started meowing and wanted him to follow her. So he did and she lead him straight to our bedroom door and when he opened it Nala went in and cuddled up next to me. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely My Baby Su does that, too! She either sleeps between the pillows or by my side under the covers. She purrs a lot, too. :hearthrob:
Lari Lari Awww, Lelia! What a sweet protector! :hearthrob:
bear bear FurBall is so lovely and so caring! It's proven that cats help our health, especially our heart health, by lessening our stress, lowering our blood pressure, and comforting us with their purrs. You have a very fine protector in FurBall!:hearthrob::goldstar: