How Does Your Cat Take Care Of You?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MAX is very attentive when I am feeling under the weather which unfortunately happens frequently since I'm still on CHEMO. He has to touch mommy when ever he is near me, with a paw on my chest or on my cheek. :angel:
I'm sorry to hear you're going through chemo, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like Max is a good caregiver :) I hope you start feeling better sooner rather than later!

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My oldest and largest cat, Gato, is just a sweetheart. He is my bodyguard.

We used to live in a house that has a long, poorly lit walkway between the gate and the house. It always made me a bit nervous to walk there in the evening, especially if I was all alone (my husband travels a lot for work).

Well, every single evening after work, when I was alone, Gato would be waiting for me at the gate to walk me home. He would walk the entire way along with me. He only did it when I was alone.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MAX recently started a new unique habit....My medications sometimes make ME VERY ILL and the stuff that I have to go through is gross to say the least. When I get sick to my stomach and am standing over the toilet, puking, MAX supervises by standing on my shoulders and peeking over my shoulders!!!! I'm so glad I can't see the full picture...:noway:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MAX recently started a new unique habit....My medications sometimes make ME VERY ILL and the stuff that I have to go through is gross to say the least. When I get sick to my stomach and am standing over the toilet, puking, MAX supervises by standing on my shoulders and peeking over my shoulders!!!! I'm so glad I can't see the full picture...:noway:
That kind of help is beyond price, wouldn't you say? To be feeling SO bad and to have such kindness and love...it makes it a tiny bit more bearable, yes? :vibes:

bluepine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Usually Chilli is pretty independent. She isn’t a cuddly cat and much prefers playing with me over being heavily petted or picked up. She comes on my lap about once a month or less and only occasionally purrs and cuddles at night. But last month when Chai was sick and after she died, when I was crying a lot, Chilli would immediately come and jump on my lap and lick the tears off my hands and face while purring. She would sit still and just purr and let me hug her and bury my face in her (which she usually hates). Of course that would always make me cry even more because it was so sweet! She’s such a good kitty.
View attachment 269521
So sory to hear about your baby Chai. What a beautiful family

MrHandsomesMama

Happily wrapped around his little paws!
Young Cat
Purraise
Right now I am going through withdrawals from pain meds I take for chronic pain from endometriosis, so that I can start safer medication. All the while Emmett has been like the dog, Nana from the animated Peter Pan. He is watching me and won't let me out of his site except for the bathroom or when my mom is near. He has been by my side all day and when I had chills he climbed under the covers and laid right next to me, like my own personal heater.

Our other cat, Lucky, helped me recover from endometriosis surgery once, by climbing on my belly like a heating pad and being very careful not to put her weight where my stitches were. When I would have a silent wave of pain she would adjust her weight and lay in the exact spot. I swear she could tell it was coming before I knew and she did her best to make it better.

My two cats are the sweetest I have ever had, and I have had many sweet kitty babies!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am going through withdrawals from pain meds I take for chronic pain from endometriosis, so that I can start safer medication. All the while Emmett has been like the dog, Nana from the animated Peter Pan. He is watching me and won't let me out of his site except for the bathroom or when my mom is near. He has been by my side all day and when I had chills he climbed under the covers and laid right next to me, like my own personal heater.

Our other cat, Lucky, helped me recover from endometriosis surgery once, by climbing on my belly like a heating pad and being very careful not to put her weight where my stitches were. When I would have a silent wave of pain she would adjust her weight and lay in the exact spot. I swear she could tell it was coming before I knew and she did her best to make it better.

My two cats are the sweetest I have ever had, and I have had many sweet kitty babies!
The UNCONDITIONAL loyalty and love cats give is so wonderful, isn't it? And cats are proven to improve human health via their purrs. Stroking cats lowers human blood pressure and stress. C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy) is best!

Cats and Bees

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat which was put to sleep on the 3rd of january 2018, would come and sit right next to me and tap my leg and arm and push himself on to me to sit in my lap when i was feeling very low and depressed, he would refuse to get off my lap , so i would pick him up and put him on the ground and he would immediately push himself back on to my lap again and i would start laughing cause i thought it was funny, then after 10 minutes he would jump off my lap " i guess he thought my mood was better ",and i would feel good again. Also if i was sad he would sit on my left side and rub his head on my arm.

I would always have back pain and stomach pain, so he would jump and sit on my lap and roll over on his back to give him a belly rub, this was good as i would forget about my stomach and back for a while when massaging his belly. If i was in bed laying on my side, he would massage my belly with his four paws on his side.

At night time when he slept on my bed, he would snuggle up right next to me face to face and we would sleep like that together, we would do this slow blinking game until we fell asleep. Also in the night if he needed to go to the loo, he would tap me on the nose a few times till i wake up to let himself out. I never needed a litter tray for him and he never peed or pooped in the house.

He would protect the house and my other cat from dogs in the front yard from walking the foot path, he would sit right on the path near the road, and stop people with their dogs from walking along it which is right in front of our house, they had to walk on the road lol .

When i would come home from work he would be at the front near my car waiting to say hello to me. He would only drink from the tap.

And he talked alot, he had a meow for hello in the mornings, and then a funny chirp meow he would make which sounds like " A-rik-aye, A-rik-aye" in a high pitched way when he is curious about something. If i was sitting in the yard and it was bed time around 11 pm at night, he would go up the back stairs near the door and Meow at me as if to say hurry up let go to bed.

He was an awesome cat with a unique personality.
So sorry for your loss. Each pet loss is a sadness, but when they are extra, it is so much harder :(

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@bear Your kitty is a true lifesaver.
So many wonderful kitties here.
Max's Human Max's Human On your shoulders? Ready to catch you if needed I suppose.
The support provided by our kitties is unmatched. They do heal and protect us.
A recent rescue will call me if anything enters the property. He will sit and guard the doors.
If I am sick I can count on having a full cat blanket. I couldn’t ask for better care.
My cat Bonjure gives me hugs around the neck every night. Who can ever be lonely around a kitty? They understand us. Anyone who loves a cat is given even more in return.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Max's Human Max's Human On your shoulders? Ready to catch you if needed I suppose.
A recent rescue will call me if anything enters the property. He will sit and guard the doors.
If I am sick I can count on having a full cat blanket. I couldn’t ask for better care.
My cat Bonjure gives me hugs around the neck every night. Who can ever be lonely around a kitty? They understand us. Anyone who loves a cat is given even more in return.
A full cat blanket...lol I know what that's like!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said it, Jcatbird Jcatbird -- they give us far more than we could ever give them! That unconditional loyalty and love -- beyond compare!
In my family, there was this funny little saying: "What fur? Cat fur, for kitten britches!" Silly. But it fits in with your "cat blanket". :crackup:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Years ago, after losing 3 cats back to back and decided my heart could not take any more heartbreak. I went to feeding ferals and catsitting and decided a house is not a home without my little furmonkeys, and relented and took in 4 ferals, and my house quickly became a home once more!!! Never a dull moment since and once again my heart has it's fill of unconditional LOVE!:redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago, after losing 3 cats back to back and decided my heart could not take any more heartbreak. I went to feeding ferals and catsitting and decided a house is not a home without my little furmonkeys, and relented and took in 4 ferals, and my house quickly became a home once more!!! Never a dull moment since and once again my heart has it's fill of unconditional LOVE!:redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:
That's how it happens, Max's Human Max's Human -- we lost three beloved ones within 4 months, and shortly thereafter a friend told me about someone a friend of hers knew who needed to rehome his little man. Well, Elvis has been a part of our family for a couple of years now, and we couldn't do without him!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 What fur? :lol: I like that! Silly is always good! With my Mom it was “How do I love thee, let me count the cats...!” We always had a menagerie of animals but cats were the focus. Now my life is all about the kitties. I’be been painting a room and all the kitties want to help. The only problem is that they keep signing their work. :greenpaw::bluepaw::)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 What fur? :lol: I like that! Silly is always good! With my Mom it was “How do I love thee, let me count the cats...!” We always had a menagerie of animals but cats were the focus. Now my life is all about the kitties. I’be been painting a room and all the kitties want to help. The only problem is that they keep signing their work. :greenpaw::bluepaw::)
Signing isn't necessarily bad, Jcatbird Jcatbird . I have a pair of earrings that my beloved Queen Simba used to bite while I was wearing. Now, the tiny toothmarks in those earrings always bring back the loving moments we shared while she sat on my lap, biting them. :hearthrob::bicolorcat::hearthrob:

Wonderfulcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The floor in our shed has pawprints on it. The old house owners must have had cats when they built it. I think it's charming. :)