Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

How Does Your Cat Take Care Of You?

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by ans5181, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ans5181

ans5181 Thread Starter TCS Member Adult Cat

Oct 22, 2018
    Tallahassee, Florida
    I'm sorry to hear you're going through chemo, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like Max is a good caregiver :) I hope you start feeling better sooner rather than later!

Jcatbird, neely and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

2. nahui

nahui TCS Member Adult Cat

Dec 8, 2016
    My oldest and largest cat, Gato, is just a sweetheart. He is my bodyguard.

We used to live in a house that has a long, poorly lit walkway between the gate and the house. It always made me a bit nervous to walk there in the evening, especially if I was all alone (my husband travels a lot for work).

Well, every single evening after work, when I was alone, Gato would be waiting for me at the gate to walk me home. He would walk the entire way along with me. He only did it when I was alone.

3. Max's Human

Max's Human MAX Alpha Cat

Nov 25, 2017
    California
    Thanks for the kind words

ans5181, Jcatbird and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

4. Max's Human

Nov 25, 2017
    California
    MAX recently started a new unique habit....My medications sometimes make ME VERY ILL and the stuff that I have to go through is gross to say the least. When I get sick to my stomach and am standing over the toilet, puking, MAX supervises by standing on my shoulders and peeking over my shoulders!!!! I'm so glad I can't see the full picture...:noway:

Jcatbird, ans5181, neely and 1 other person purraised this.

5. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    That kind of help is beyond price, wouldn't you say? To be feeling SO bad and to have such kindness and love...it makes it a tiny bit more bearable, yes? :vibes:

Jcatbird, bluepine, ans5181 and 1 other person purraised this.

6. bluepine

bluepine TCS Member Kitten

Nov 15, 2018
    So sory to hear about your baby Chai. What a beautiful family

ans5181, Jcatbird, rosegold and 1 other person purraised this.

7. MrHandsomesMama

MrHandsomesMama Happily wrapped around his little paws! Young Cat

Jan 4, 2018
    SoCal
    Right now I am going through withdrawals from pain meds I take for chronic pain from endometriosis, so that I can start safer medication. All the while Emmett has been like the dog, Nana from the animated Peter Pan. He is watching me and won't let me out of his site except for the bathroom or when my mom is near. He has been by my side all day and when I had chills he climbed under the covers and laid right next to me, like my own personal heater.

Our other cat, Lucky, helped me recover from endometriosis surgery once, by climbing on my belly like a heating pad and being very careful not to put her weight where my stitches were. When I would have a silent wave of pain she would adjust her weight and lay in the exact spot. I swear she could tell it was coming before I knew and she did her best to make it better.

My two cats are the sweetest I have ever had, and I have had many sweet kitty babies!

neely, Jcatbird, Lari and 3 others purraised this.

8. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    The UNCONDITIONAL loyalty and love cats give is so wonderful, isn't it? And cats are proven to improve human health via their purrs. Stroking cats lowers human blood pressure and stress. C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy) is best!

neely, Jcatbird and ans5181 purraised this.

9. Cats and Bees

Cats and Bees TCS Member Young Cat

Jan 18, 2018
    Central Kentucky
    So sorry for your loss. Each pet loss is a sadness, but when they are extra, it is so much harder :(

tarasgirl06, ans5181 and Jcatbird purraised this.

10. Jcatbird

Jcatbird TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 5, 2017
    Southern U.S.
    @bear Your kitty is a true lifesaver.
    So many wonderful kitties here.
    @Max's Human On your shoulders? Ready to catch you if needed I suppose.
    The support provided by our kitties is unmatched. They do heal and protect us.
    A recent rescue will call me if anything enters the property. He will sit and guard the doors.
    If I am sick I can count on having a full cat blanket. I couldn’t ask for better care.
    My cat Bonjure gives me hugs around the neck every night. Who can ever be lonely around a kitty? They understand us. Anyone who loves a cat is given even more in return.

tarasgirl06, Max's Human, neely and 2 others purraised this.

11. ans5181

Oct 22, 2018
    Tallahassee, Florida
    A full cat blanket...lol I know what that's like!

tarasgirl06 and Jcatbird purraised this.

12. Jcatbird

Dec 5, 2017
    Southern U.S.
    How many cats does it take to make a “full cat blanket?” Just enough to covfur you! :lol:

tarasgirl06, neely, ans5181 and 1 other person purraised this.

13. ans5181

Oct 22, 2018
    Tallahassee, Florida
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :flail:

tarasgirl06 and Jcatbird purraised this.

14. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    You said it, @Jcatbird -- they give us far more than we could ever give them! That unconditional loyalty and love -- beyond compare!
    In my family, there was this funny little saying: "What fur? Cat fur, for kitten britches!" Silly. But it fits in with your "cat blanket". :crackup:

Jcatbird and ans5181 purraised this.

15. Max's Human

Nov 25, 2017
    California
    Years ago, after losing 3 cats back to back and decided my heart could not take any more heartbreak. I went to feeding ferals and catsitting and decided a house is not a home without my little furmonkeys, and relented and took in 4 ferals, and my house quickly became a home once more!!! Never a dull moment since and once again my heart has it's fill of unconditional LOVE!:redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:

Jcatbird, neely, Cats and Bees and 3 others purraised this.

16. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    That's how it happens, @Max's Human -- we lost three beloved ones within 4 months, and shortly thereafter a friend told me about someone a friend of hers knew who needed to rehome his little man. Well, Elvis has been a part of our family for a couple of years now, and we couldn't do without him!

Jcatbird, neely and ans5181 purraised this.

17. Jcatbird

Dec 5, 2017
    Southern U.S.
    @tarasgirl06 What fur? :lol: I like that! Silly is always good! With my Mom it was “How do I love thee, let me count the cats...!” We always had a menagerie of animals but cats were the focus. Now my life is all about the kitties. I’be been painting a room and all the kitties want to help. The only problem is that they keep signing their work. :greenpaw::bluepaw::)

18. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Signing isn't necessarily bad, @Jcatbird. I have a pair of earrings that my beloved Queen Simba used to bite while I was wearing. Now, the tiny toothmarks in those earrings always bring back the loving moments we shared while she sat on my lap, biting them. :hearthrob::bicolorcat::hearthrob:

19. Wonderfulcat

Wonderfulcat TCS Member Young Cat

Nov 13, 2018
    The floor in our shed has pawprints on it. The old house owners must have had cats when they built it. I think it's charming. :)

tarasgirl06 purraised this.

20. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Kind of like the Feline Walk of Fame! ;):lovecat2:

Wonderfulcat purraised this.