How Does Your Cat Take Care Of You?

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am at home with the flu and have noticed everyone seems extra attentive. I do believe my kitties are trying to take care of me.
For example:
20190104_094450.jpg

Piccolo kept coming to check on me and was extra cute and cuddly.

20190104_103721.jpg

Jade slayed an evil contact lens cover and brought it to me because everyone likes presents when they are sick... and last but not least...
20190104_184056.jpg

SULLY BRAVED ALL THE SCARY CATS TO COME OUT OF HIS ROOM AND SIT WITH ME AND KEEP ME COMPANY!! HE'S STILL HERE! IT'S A SICKNESS MIRACLE! HaHa...

How do your kitties take care of you??

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get migraines and I am in bed Starbuck sleeps on my pillow next to my head with her paws touching me. Apollo comes and sleeps on my feet. Casey and Sonny sleep next to me. Apollo only sleeps on me when I am sick otherwise he sleeps on hubby. Apollo will also stop complaining at me about daddy not being home and be quiet when I have a migraine. Apollo can be very vocal when he is unhappy about daddy going to work on my days off.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Usually Chilli is pretty independent. She isn’t a cuddly cat and much prefers playing with me over being heavily petted or picked up. She comes on my lap about once a month or less and only occasionally purrs and cuddles at night. But last month when Chai was sick and after she died, when I was crying a lot, Chilli would immediately come and jump on my lap and lick the tears off my hands and face while purring. She would sit still and just purr and let me hug her and bury my face in her (which she usually hates). Of course that would always make me cry even more because it was so sweet! She’s such a good kitty.
F2CADE36-4841-405C-BF71-2A209EC19E1A.jpeg

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get mad at my computer not working properly and swear or bang on the desk Callie will come running, jump up infront of the monitor, and meow at me. Most Cats will run away from sudden loud noises but she will make a beeline for my desk almost every time.

After watching her do that a few times Fresca started to do it too.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a fever since Thursday and yesterday got worse. I woke up during my many naps and found my Barley sleeping on my bed, between my legs, which he never ever does. Probably he knew yesterday I felt so chilly and he wanted to act as my personal heater.

Since Thursday also my other cat Bourbon has not swatted me on the face to ask for food. She could sense I was not really feeling well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I get migraines and I am in bed Starbuck sleeps on my pillow next to my head with her paws touching me. Apollo comes and sleeps on my feet. Casey and Sonny sleep next to me. Apollo only sleeps on me when I am sick otherwise he sleeps on hubby. Apollo will also stop complaining at me about daddy not being home and be quiet when I have a migraine. Apollo can be very vocal when he is unhappy about daddy going to work on my days off.
I LOVE your Battlestar Galactica names!!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat which was put to sleep on the 3rd of january 2018, would come and sit right next to me and tap my leg and arm and push himself on to me to sit in my lap when i was feeling very low and depressed, he would refuse to get off my lap , so i would pick him up and put him on the ground and he would immediately push himself back on to my lap again and i would start laughing cause i thought it was funny, then after 10 minutes he would jump off my lap " i guess he thought my mood was better ",and i would feel good again. Also if i was sad he would sit on my left side and rub his head on my arm.

I would always have back pain and stomach pain, so he would jump and sit on my lap and roll over on his back to give him a belly rub, this was good as i would forget about my stomach and back for a while when massaging his belly. If i was in bed laying on my side, he would massage my belly with his four paws on his side.

At night time when he slept on my bed, he would snuggle up right next to me face to face and we would sleep like that together, we would do this slow blinking game until we fell asleep. Also in the night if he needed to go to the loo, he would tap me on the nose a few times till i wake up to let himself out. I never needed a litter tray for him and he never peed or pooped in the house.

He would protect the house and my other cat from dogs in the front yard from walking the foot path, he would sit right on the path near the road, and stop people with their dogs from walking along it which is right in front of our house, they had to walk on the road lol .

When i would come home from work he would be at the front near my car waiting to say hello to me. He would only drink from the tap.

And he talked alot, he had a meow for hello in the mornings, and then a funny chirp meow he would make which sounds like " A-rik-aye, A-rik-aye" in a high pitched way when he is curious about something. If i was sitting in the yard and it was bed time around 11 pm at night, he would go up the back stairs near the door and Meow at me as if to say hurry up let go to bed.

He was an awesome cat with a unique personality.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat which was put to sleep on the 3rd of january 2018, would come and sit right next to me and tap my leg and arm and push himself on to me to sit in my lap when i was feeling very low and depressed, he would refuse to get off my lap , so i would pick him up and put him on the ground and he would immediately push himself back on to my lap again and i would start laughing cause i thought it was funny, then after 10 minutes he would jump off my lap " i guess he thought my mood was better ",and i would feel good again. Also if i was sad he would sit on my left side and rub his head on my arm.

I would always have back pain and stomach pain, so he would jump and sit on my lap and roll over on his back to give him a belly rub, this was good as i would forget about my stomach and back for a while when massaging his belly. If i was in bed laying on my side, he would massage my belly with his four paws on his side.

At night time when he slept on my bed, he would snuggle up right next to me face to face and we would sleep like that together, we would do this slow blinking game until we fell asleep. Also in the night if he needed to go to the loo, he would tap me on the nose a few times till i wake up to let himself out. I never needed a litter tray for him and he never peed or pooped in the house.

He would protect the house and my other cat from dogs in the front yard from walking the foot path, he would sit right on the path near the road, and stop people with their dogs from walking along it which is right in front of our house, they had to walk on the road lol .

When i would come home from work he would be at the front near my car waiting to say hello to me. He would only drink from the tap.

And he talked alot, he had a meow for hello in the mornings, and then a funny chirp meow he would make which sounds like " A-rik-aye, A-rik-aye" in a high pitched way when he is curious about something. If i was sitting in the yard and it was bed time around 11 pm at night, he would go up the back stairs near the door and Meow at me as if to say hurry up let go to bed.

I'm so sorry for your loss! Glad you are here and sharing about him, I hope that helps a bit. What a big personality! He sounds like he was very sweet :)

cathmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss! Glad you are here and sharing about him, I hope that helps a bit. What a big personality! He sounds like he was very sweet :)
He sure does sound like a sweetie. I am sorry you lost him. I hope you can find some peace in what a loving and wonderful home you gave him. I had to have my Missy of 14 years put to sleep 12/23. Day by day it's get a bit better but grief comes in waves and catches you off guard, that's for sure. I would like to say this kind of grief is foreign to me, but sadly it is not. The only time animals hurt you is when they leave.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is an awesome Cat. I'm sorry to hear that he recently passed, and I hope you are able to take in another Cat that needs a good home when the time is right.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw these stories are all so sweet!

My first cat, Sidney, was like my shadow. We both had anxiety and we helped each other a lot. She always laid with me when I was sick, waited outside the bathroom every time I used it (like she thought I was going to disappear?) and she always came up to me when I was sad or crying. She helped me so much through a difficult time and it was very difficult for me when she died. I always say we took care of each other.

Now I have Amber and she is quite a different cat! She is cool and confident but also very loving and cuddly. She takes care of me in a different way, always being company for me at home and making me laugh. Whenever I get home after being out she's at the door demanding pats and attention and of course I must give it to her right away! We became a lot closer (didn't think it possible!) over this past summer while my partner had to be away for work for three months as she is very close to him. We comforted each other while missing him together!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heartfelt condolences to all whose beloved cats have ascended. Every cat is unique and precious, and as a dear friend said, "A cat is love made visible". It is certainly true.
Having lived with many cats since the very start, it would be a never-ending post if I was to talk about each of them! but I'll just share that my beloved Simba and her "successor" Rani angel were both extremely attentive to me when I was down, worried, or not feeling well. They would stretch out right next to me under the covers and warm me, letting me know how much they loved me and how concerned they were. Through thick and thin, in sickness and in health -- that's how their unconditional loyalty and love were to me.

CatLoverOnWheels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a cold over Christmas and just got rid of it. I've not noticed much difference from my cat but I think she wasn't as insistent for food to me and asked my mum which she rarely does when she knows i'm up.

Who knows, she might change as she grows and matures