How Does Your Cat Respond To Your "i Love You" Slow Blinks?

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My guy and I slow blink each other a lot (he's a big lovebug.) I usually don't get a physical response. But today, I slow-blinked him while he was laying next to me purring falling asleep and he started inching closer to me and the purrs had little chirrups behind them. He was so happy!
I will mostly tell him while he's playing and he looks up at me across the room. He mostly tells me when he's being pet! haha

When do your cats give you the slow blink?
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG

Attachments

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great pics! Thanks for sharing those. :happycat:

My Gwendolyn didn't respond to us blinking at her, but if we sent her air kisses across the room, she'd blink back at us. It was our little call and response routine.

My current cat is just catching on that humans slow blink, too. I did it last night and she purred at me.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia and Loki both respond to it by purring and doing it back to me, and then walking over and head butting me.

florine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't respond at all :bawling:
Lol! She usually just looks away, what a diva

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great pics! Thanks for sharing those. :happycat:

My Gwendolyn didn't respond to us blinking at her, but if we sent her air kisses across the room, she'd blink back at us. It was our little call and response routine.

My current cat is just catching on that humans slow blink, too. I did it last night and she purred at me.
How adorable!! My cat and I are still learning to meet half way re: language.. so now I just do what makes sense to him lol
Awww!!! I often wonder if he can see me slow blinking through my glasses haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mia and Loki both respond to it by purring and doing it back to me, and then walking over and head butting me.
What sweethearts!! I wish my cat would headbutt more.. he mostly headbutts my phone!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat headbutts my leg whenever she wants attention or to be pet. But she also headbutts her can of food on my hands so I guess that's where I rank.

My cat only blinks back at me sometimes as well, but at 10.5 months she's in the middle of her teenage years, so I don't let it bother me too much.