How does your cat let you know they want fed?

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, when Zazzie is hungry she does this weird thing where she rubs up against my legs, but then she proceeds to repetitively bump her back/butt into my legs until I feed her.

Kiwi will come up and demand attention. She'll stand on her hind legs and gently tap my leg with her front paw (kind of like a person trying to get yoir attention by tapping you on the shoulder). She's so polite about it haha.

Tesla meows, but his meows are like a kitten's and I think it's hilarious because he's this big 17 pound cat but he still sounds like a little kitten.

Last edited:

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With a cacophony of shouting. Biffs is a shouty cat anyway but completely food driven so the amount and volume increases. His foster sister Loli joins in with her adorable creaky mew.

Leeloo has a soprano squeak which she uses whilst putting her face really close to mine.

Hanna is quiet, she lets the others maintain the volume, and goes for running to and from the bowl and me. This journey often means running across me.

All of this starts half an hour before feeding time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Alicia88  
 I think your baby sister was very wise and knew she had to prepare you for your adult years and life with cats.  

It slipped my mind earlier but one of my previous tabby cats had a good day's entertainment when she was about a year old:  I got home from work to find the cupboard under the sink open (presumably by stealth of paw) and the box of dry cat food kept there all chewed apart with biscuits spead around it....  She had obviously decided that helping her self was more convenient than waiting to ask when I got home.  
     I always thought she was pretty clever but reading here it seems there are a few kitties who have found ways to raid the food stores when resident humans aren't around.  

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When Boris was a kitten and it was feeding time, he made the strangest noise!  If you said meow while you were giggling, that is pretty close to what it sounded like.  I would look at him and make the same noise.  He would look at me as if I had lost it!  I guess some of us just don't have it the way cats do!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We get along much better now that she's grown up a bit.  She's 16 now.  She's the brunette.  She may be taller than me, but I'm still the big sis!!!
[emoji]9995[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]..........not cats! :kitty2: :vancat: .............:ref:.......................:flail:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Camelot: "I'm DYYYYIIINNGG.  TOTALLY DYING RIGHT NOW.  DYYYYIINGGG!  I haven't been fed in like, an hour!! Look at me, look how emaciated I am. So weeeaak..."

Morgana: Little cute purrs. Like a "Prrruu, rooo, roooo"

Autumn: She makes a loud meow that sounds like a goat and sprints back and forth to her bowl and me.

Liffey: Tail is up in the air and does a petite dainty strut.

Last edited:

LittleQuill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Oscar never bothered me for food. But he does let me know when he wants to eat. I say, "Hey, Oscar, are you hungry? You want dinner?" And if he's in the room with me, (which he usually is if he's not outside), he'll sit up immediately and make this short "Burrt." sound that to me always sounds like a yes, and his eyes get really, really big, then he'll get up and rub all over me, and if I don't get up right away, he'll meow at me and proceed to the kitchen. Sometimes, when he's really impatient, he'll stick his head inside the can and start eating as I'm serving. Lol.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At 5 am or so Ole will start up with with the most god awful howling you have ever heard.  My alarm is set for 6 but I don't know why I even bother.  By the way,

capemay1950

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When i come home from work one greets me at the door and takes me to her food dish literally! The other sits patiently at the " troth" as my husband describes it. No detours for me[emoji]128512[/emoji] In the morning its usually meowing and pawing at me till i finally have to get out of bed!