How Does Your Cat Greet You When You Get Home?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Not exactly when I get home as I'm retired but when I go outside, if Shaman sees me she comes toward me thinking I have food. lol

The only time these 3 halfway get along is when I have a PrimeNow or Amazon delivery. They seem to sense that hours before it is put on truck for delivery and they hang around "waiting". One time one of the drivers said he was almost assaulted by 3 cats lol

Oh and that's Shaman, Treasure and Shadow I'm talking about. :)

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bonnie reminds me it's been several hours since she had any treats. Clyde wakes up from his nap and demands in his pleasant way to see the hallway he's been shut out of all day.

But the most bizarre 'welcome' is from the semi-feral 'Maw'. As soon as she hears my pick-up truck, she runs (this time from another neighbor who's been feeding her) and paces me back to the house.
Maw-greets-rs.jpg

I must be her "ice cream truck". lol

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bynx and Chester come running to the door, if they are not already there when I open it. It's funny though, you can tell if I woke them because the running is sometimes more of a trot with a few stretch breaks on the way. Lily, IF she comes over will just peek around the corner or sit on the second step (from the top) from the basement (depending on where she was when I came home) she is still a bit timid. But it's just too cute to see her big eyes and little ears, and nothing else, checking me out.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Leo and mc used to meow 5 minutes before i pull in the drive away, so my parents always know when i am coming home lol. And when i arrive and park my car, leo and mc would be sitting there on the foot path waiting for me to get out of the car. If Mc was znooing in her favourite shrubs Leo would come straight to the passenger car door and wait while i take my bags out for a pat. And if leo was snoozing in his shrubs MC would come right up to the passenger door and put her head in between the door so i cant close it until i give her a good hello pat. If they were both together coming at me at once they will follow me to the steps and i sit down with them and give them a Hello pumkin face and princess.

My parents would always tell me, how come they only meow for you ? And im like i dunno, and my parents would say , they are quiet all day sleeping for 8 hours when you go to work and 5 minutes before you are home they meow like crazy lol

Ah how i miss those times :(

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Each time I get to the door Barley and Bourbon are already there, waiting -- then will lead me to the small cabinet near the kitchen where their food is stored.

Hlee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I only have 1 of 3 that consistanly runs down to greet me at the basement door when I get home. Then she talks to me but dodges me when I try to pick her up:bliss:Sometimes another will join her but the old kitty always stays in bed upstairs with my husband and I can' t really blame him for that.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On weekdays , she runs over to the bookshelf where I keep her wand toys and meowing constantly until I play with her. On weekends, or if I get home early it's usually just some head butts on my legs and purrs

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are who are often waiting at the door when I get home.

Sorry about the fuzzy picture.

My little boys.

20190522_155427.jpg

Count

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He stands in front of the door until I take my shoes off, then he comes near me head butting my legs. Once he is done he moves away, looks at me expecting me to follow him, goes into his room and starts clawing his post while trilling. Then checks his bowl and if it is empty looks at me then continues head butting until I feed him. If it is full he moves to the living room couch so I can sit and pet him.