How Does Your Cat Greet You When You Get Home?

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How does your cat or cats greet you when you get home from work or school?
Cali usually spends most of the day in one of the room upstairs on her tree or perch looking out the windows or taking a nap.
When I come in the door, often I'll hear a muffled thud as she jumps of her tree or perch.
She'll then coming walking down the stairs and her usual routine is to go over to her scratching post and scratch. She'll then com over to me and rub against my legs.
Then she'll follow me into the kitchen where she'll meow for her supper.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One male and one female are always at the door. You don't have to be a scientist to know that female is Baby Girl :biggrin:
Queen Bee takes her time and strolls in in a few minutes, then butts her way into the mix like the Queen she is.
The others rush like I'm meals on wheels, and when they notice I'm empty handed, they either walk off or continue to beg like I'm a food houdini. Brats ;)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Until he lost his hearing and then became too frail, sweet Max was always waiting by the door when I opened it. He’d walk up and bump around my legs. I’d pick him up, and he’d put his front legs up on my shoulder, purr, and rub his face along mine. My boy. :redheartpump:

Lily is always in her cat tree in the living room, and she might pick up her head and yawn at me, but that’s about it. The other two are in some other part of the house and don’t seem to notice at all...unless it’s dinner time, of course!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
One male and one female are always at the door. You don't have to be a scientist to know that female is Baby Girl :biggrin:
Queen Bee takes her time and strolls in in a few minutes, then butts her way into the mix like the Queen she is.
The others rush like I'm meals on wheels, and when they notice I'm empty handed, they either walk off or continue to beg like I'm a food houdini. Brats ;)
Same

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Digger and Burdock will peek around the furniture to see who is there. Stretch and Bashful head for the tall grass; and Prancer and Miss Eleanor are usually upstairs doing what cats do best- sleeping.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy, Sam, and Keith greet me at the door. Jasmine is afraid of the door so she sits about 5 feet away, patiently waiting to say hello. Zuzu and Sunshine sit at attention on the cat tree waiting for me to say hi. Spike sits on the clothes hamper because she knows I will give her some loving as I throw my work clothes in there. Then EVERYBODY follows me into the bathroom. (Seriously. There's no privacy allowed in this house.)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fudge doesn't really greet me as he's often out in the garden doing his own thing, though Toffee will climb over the garden shed (we don't have a cat flap yet, so have to keep them outside whilst we're out if the weather is okay) and give me a little squeak before jumping up on me!

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
June Bug races to the door and looks up at me with big gold eyes: she wants to get petted and talked to. She is a "daddy's girl."

Makena would like me to think that he is not impressed that I am home. Except that he is always right near the door when I come in. He tries to look casual, but I can often hear him racing down the steps as I walk up to the door. Its a "guy thing" I guess. He is openly affectionate toward my wife when she gets home.

If I have been away a few days - Makena will stick close to me for a few hours after I am home. Usually staying just within a foot or so. If I sit he will sit so he is touching me.

Lilia gives a loud "meow!" from wherever she is. She expects that I will come over and give her a little pat on the head.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo and Lily go to the back door when they hear the garage door opening. Mingo sticks his head through the slightest opening of the door and gives me a loud "meow!" Lily hangs back until I come in.

It's nice to have a welcoming committee!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One or both boys are often sitting in the front window when I come home. My wife says they know the sound of my truck and will run to the door.

They are usually just inside the door when I open it.

There is a 4 foot high planter inside the door and they will often be on it, wanting to rub against me.

20150830_091630.jpg

Last edited:

Diana Faye

Always and Forever, Irving
Adult Cat
Purraise
They both wait at the door for me to come in. Funky will then flop over for belly rubs, while Simon runs to the living room to start scratching the carpet. Then they both herd me to the kitchen, in case I forgot where the food was.

Catlove3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I get home from work he’s either already in the front room by the door and comes in there. He meows and meows and meows and rubs his body against my leg. Then he follows me where ever I go. But it’s not until I give him his wet food that he settles down.