How do you re-act without coffee?

tigganat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mom told my brother to go buy her some coffee because she forgot, then he forgot. And now my mom's sad because she has no coffee.

How do you re-act without your coffee?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can get irritable if I don't get my coffee but I do drink quite a bit of it at most ill have 10 ish cups a day but I drink it that strong its more like 20 cups a day, and i wonder why I'm not sleeping properly again

I've once ran out of coffee that was a bad day

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
If I go a full day without caffeine, I'll likely end up with a nasty headache. I only drink about two cups of coffee a day, but then I also drink diet Mt. Dew, which also has caffeine.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink it. Awful bitter terrible tasting stuff! I'm not a person that likes really bitter or sour foods/drinks.

I do drink pepsi and tea, but aside from it slightly raising my blood pressure (and benefiting from that) I don't have any reaction. I can stop drinking caffeinated drinks, and have done so several times in the past, with no headache or moodiness. However.. I'm addicted to the sugar, so I end up snacking and craving sweets instead.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I react just fine, because I don't drink it anymore
I started drinking coffee when I was 17 at one of the diners in NJ. When I moved, I tried drinking coffee at work but I never got to liking it much. Now it seems most coffee makes my stomach "burble" and topsy-turvey feeling.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped drinking coffee a while ago, but when addicted to caffeine (whatever form it comes in - most soda has a lot), most people do get headaches without it!

These days I get really bitchy if I have more caffeine than in a cup of green tea!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink coffee.. in some sense I do because I drink cappucinnos but am not addicted to them. I just got a $10 gift card to Starbucks from my co worker though. As of right now, I am addicted to Cinnamon Hot Cocoa you can only get at my gas station. But am not addicted to coffee/coffee based drinks in general. If I don't have a soda each day, then that's when things go bad.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink coffee so I react well without it
My mother will get horrible headaches if she has to go a day without coffee.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm struggling to keep it to one cup a day here. If I don't get it in the morning I'm feeling it in the afternoon. If I smell it I'm done for! LOL! DH tells me that I don't have a problem until I'm looking for 3 cups a day... Then I told him about one of our friends (a writer) who has been known to drink 2 whole carafes (sp?) in a day!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AJ!!! 30 cups!! Woman what are you thinking LOL!!!

I actually have the "problem" that coffee makes me sleepy. So I'm ok with 2 cups but more than 3 and I'm nodding off!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It takes me a bit longer to get moving in the morning without coffee, but I don't think I'm really addicted to caffeine. While I drink several cups a day, half of them are decaf, and the ritual seems to be more important now than the caffeine jolt.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim I was in a job that got boring so I drank coffee I'm getting better about how much i drink now, it isn't every day I drink that much

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love coffee b/c of the taste, but I don't have to have it every day and don't really notice a difference when I don't get it.

When I worked, though, it acted as an appetite suppressant and helped me make it until my lunch at 1:30 without being starving. If I didn't get coffee in the morning, I would be starving, almost passing out, by 10:30.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I don't get coffee you can expect me to turn into an evil vemon spewing monster possessed witch from down under and I don't mean austraila! I'm pure 100% evil without that first delicious tstse of coffee laced with baileys chocolate creamer and 2 scoops of sugar! I'm that bad the one and only time I ever ran out of coffee I made bf get up an hour early to go to DD and deal with all the other coffee junkies so I could get a large turbo coffee with extra cream and suagr to last me all day.....lol

Hey no judging peoples lol I don't drink alcohol anymore I need one vice. Smoking doesn't count since bf and I are quitting for new years! (No I am not smoking a cigarette right now.....I said no judging lol)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE coffee but I try to stick to my 1 cup a day, first thing in the morning. I can be pretty tired and cranky if I don't have it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my coffee in the morning, but I drink it more for the warmth and taste than the actual wake-up befits
I can drink coffee and go right to bed actually
except Starbucks, I drink their regular coffee and I'm wired

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm mostly just a morning coffee drinker (one or two cups) and it's better not to speak to me until I've finished that first cup.