How do you organize your recipes?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of times I find a good recipe that is a hit online, but then months later I can't find it anymore...I wish there was an easy way to organize online and book recipes all in one.. Has anyone found a good app or website for this? I tried My recipe book on my ipad, but you have to go in and manually enter a lot of information..That is time I'd rather spend cooking :) 

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of times I find a good recipe that is a hit online, but then months later I can't find it anymore...I wish there was an easy way to organize online and book recipes all in one.. Has anyone found a good app or website for this? I tried My recipe book on my ipad, but you have to go in and manually enter a lot of information..That is time I'd rather spend cooking :) 
I have tried dozens of sites and software programs throughout the years. I have not found a way either. I generally have a recipe folder and then use subfolders like soup, appetizers etc. I copy and past the recipe onto notepad and then file it in the folder. .

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have tried dozens of sites and software programs throughout the years. I have not found a way either. I generally have a recipe folder and then use subfolders like soup, appetizers etc. I copy and past the recipe onto notepad and then file it in the folder. .
That's pretty much it. I have Master Cook and also Cook'n with Betty Crocker and they each have their flaws, namely that it means a lot of typing.

For this site, here's what I did:

Created a folder on my computer called Recipes.

Created a sub-folder called TCS. Then inside that I created a sub-folder for each category here: Appetizers and Beverages, Breads - Quick and Yeast, and so on. Copied and pasted each recipe inside its folder. And am keeping track that way. Whereas Mike is using notepad, I'm using Word for my pasting.

I also post on a food board and the recipes from that place are just amazing sometimes. I did the same thing: Created a sub-folder for that site under my Recipes folder. Created sub-folders with the titles of the categories that they used. Copied and pasted accordingly. Every once in a while, I back up my Recipes folder to a CD....believe me, I don't want to lose these recipes! And I also take the time about every two months to print out the recipes that I really, really want to keep. I have tons of binders with recipes.

Last edited: