How do you keep your harness-walked kitty clean?

James&Taki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me and Taki have been working on harness training, and once they're done healing from being fixed, I'm going to start taking them out on a leash. But the harness-on/harness-off spot we've designated is my bed (I know this isn't ideal, but we have a very small space and this is what's worked for us best so far). I'd rather they not bring dirt, mud, or whatever else they get on their paws onto my bed, though if necessary I can put a sheet or something over the bed before going out so the dirt doesn't get on the blankets when they jump up to get the harness off.

So... how do you keep your kitty clean coming in after a leash walk? Do you just clean up after they've tracked dirt everywhere? Do you wipe them or their paws down with something? I'm curious to know how others deal with this!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always just used an old bath towel. Works great for paws and wet fur after rolling on the grass.

Put a mat by the front door and make them sit while you wipe the paws. Then dry off any wet fur. Toss the towel in the washer when it gets muddy or smelly.