How do you avoid medication anxiety/stress?

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i found a way to give my cat medications if she is being picky. i spoon feed her, like you do with a little baby 👶
most times shes fine eating on her own but if she doesnt then i spoon feed her and she eats it not problem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutubean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i found a way to give my cat medications if she is being picky. i spoon feed her, like you do with a little baby 👶
most times shes fine eating on her own but if she doesnt then i spoon feed her and she eats it not problem
I know that would have worked with my old girl, but this cat doesn't seem to know what to do with a spoon :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutubean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The good news: I was able to not only orally medicate but also give plenty of subcutaneous fluids to my foster cat without *any* sedatives this morning. It's a ding-dang miracle. Or, it was a combination of her being in her cat bed plus me giving her a heated massage right before that kept her relatively calm. She did fight against the subQ somewhat (tried to stand), but even with one hand I was able to keep her on her side and hold the needle in place, and it only took 5 min to get it all in! For the most part I was able to use both hands, the other to pet her.

The bad news: she's STILL not pooping and I'm worried that maintaining a regular digestion with her megacolon is a lost cause. :(

The vet will be updated and I hope she'll Rx cisapride. She just needs to poop without getting enemas! 😩

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
but even with one hand I was able to keep her on her side and hold the needle in place, and it only took 5 min to get it all in! For the most part I was able to use both hands, the other to pet her.
Wow, my hat is off to you!! It took both of us, and we still had some excitement such as wayward needles etc, et al, when Poppycat needed his fluids at home :blackcat2: