How do you accept?

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's definitely normal to feel guilt and feel that you missed something, I know the answer to that question with Sotches. It's no because you can't see what isn't there and there were no signs. Cats don't let on until it reaches a breaking point. When it is sudden there's no preparing for what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I did hear it on Saturday Night Live or something.....but cannot really remember....lol

do you watch any comedy shows?

I don't have tv service but I get Netflix. I've gotten The Nanny tv show DVD's.

cass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss! :( when I was younger I lost a little soul mate, my beautiful Bandit! I had 2 of his kittens that I kept and his little gf left but sadly farm life (country roads,snakes and foxes) took them also. The loss I felt with Bandit has never left. Sometimes you just have a special bond and SOMETIMES you are lucky enough to have it over again! [emoji]9829[/emoji] I have an old cat Sid who I almost lost from a snake and had to pay a huge vet bill to save him! People told me I was stupid because he lives at my mums and he is just a cat, they can be replaced. But thats the thing...they cant. Sid and I have a special special bond, the same as I had with Bandit and I have the same with my boy cat Jinx that lives with me. Its a feeling you cant describe to have that bond. Even though you lose them,they are not gone! They are somewhere waiting for you to pat and snuggle them again...or at least thats what I tell myself to stay sane. The thought of losing ANY of my cats is unbearable so I feel for you. Chin up and think of all the good times you had. By the looks of it,you have many friends willing to lend an ear. [emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9829[/emoji]

Cassie xxxx

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss! :( when I was younger I lost a little soul mate, my beautiful Bandit! I had 2 of his kittens that I kept and his little gf left but sadly farm life (country roads,snakes and foxes) took them also. The loss I felt with Bandit has never left. Sometimes you just have a special bond and SOMETIMES you are lucky enough to have it over again! [emoji]9829[/emoji] I have an old cat Sid who I almost lost from a snake and had to pay a huge vet bill to save him! People told me I was stupid because he lives at my mums and he is just a cat, they can be replaced. But thats the thing...they cant. Sid and I have a special special bond, the same as I had with Bandit and I have the same with my boy cat Jinx that lives with me. Its a feeling you cant describe to have that bond. Even though you lose them,they are not gone! They are somewhere waiting for you to pat and snuggle them again...or at least thats what I tell myself to stay sane. The thought of losing ANY of my cats is unbearable so I feel for you. Chin up and think of all the good times you had. By the looks of it,you have many friends willing to lend an ear. [emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9829[/emoji]

Cassie xxxx

Thank you Cassie. I'm sorry for your losses as well. It's a special bond we don't choose. Cocoa loved playing with a string on a stick. It's use to be a da Bird toy but he mutilated the feathers. I'm putting that string in his memorial box. I just put another one on that stick for my girls. Holly liked to play with it too. Last night I began playing with her with it and saw Coco's little spirit playing too. I know he's with us. I need him in my life. He's healthy and happy now. I hope he never goes away from me. :rub:

cass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Naw, that sounds very sweet! My little Lola tore jinx's kitty feather thingie off the stick and has claimed it. She runs around with it in her mouth and sometimes steps on the string when she runs and trips over. Hehe. She also puts in her water dish to then fish it out! Strange girl.
I'm glad you can have a smile in your day and I am sure he wont leave you xxx

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Naw, that sounds very sweet! My little Lola tore jinx's kitty feather thingie off the stick and has claimed it. She runs around with it in her mouth and sometimes steps on the string when she runs and trips over. Hehe. She also puts in her water dish to then fish it out! Strange girl.

When he was a small kitten he walked around with a long, stuffed tiger tail in his tiny mouth. It was lengthwise in his mouth.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Cassie. I'm sorry for your losses as well. It's a special bond we don't choose. Cocoa loved playing with a string on a stick. It's use to be a da Bird toy but he mutilated the feathers. I'm putting that string in his memorial box. I just put another one on that stick for my girls. Holly liked to play with it too. Last night I began playing with her with it and saw Coco's little spirit playing too. I know he's with us. I need him in my life. He's healthy and happy now. I hope he never goes away from me.
When he was a small kitten he walked around with a long, stuffed tiger tail in his tiny mouth. It was lengthwise in his mouth.
It is good to hear you able to talk of playing with Holly, and happy memories with Cocoa.  Seeing Cocoa's spirit. Heeling can be very gradual and sometimes goes forwards and backwards when things catch us unawares but perhaps you and Cocoa are starting to find a new relationship with eachother to take you both forwards.  I hope so.  I have a beautiful image of you and Holly playing together with Cocoa's spirit so I am really glad you were able to tell us all about it.  And that tiger tail sounds so cute!  Like a giant worm or baby snake he had captured, or an imaginary tail from some poor unsuspecting giant rodent.  Wonderful images to hold in your mind's eye.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is good to hear you able to talk of playing with Holly, and happy memories with Cocoa.  Seeing Cocoa's spirit. Heeling can be very gradual and sometimes goes forwards and backwards when things catch us unawares but perhaps you and Cocoa are starting to find a new relationship with eachother to take you both forwards.  I hope so.  I have a beautiful image of you and Holly playing together with Cocoa's spirit so I am really glad you were able to tell us all about it.  And that tiger tail sounds so cute!  Like a giant worm or baby snake he had captured, or an imaginary tail from some poor unsuspecting giant rodent.  Wonderful images to hold in your mind's eye.

He looked like a man on a mission with that tail the way he strutted around with it. He looked so proud. :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Do you still have the tiger tail?  If you don't, maybe you could draw a little picture of it, or write about it on a bit of paper and put it in the memory box too  (if you haven't already done it).    I can see Mouse's face the night he brought his real mouse as a gift to me on my bed when you tell me about Cocoa's face when he had that tail - no mistaking a proud cat with their prize!  
   These memories of yours are a real treasure, enjoy them and share them with others when you can:  Believe me when I say that Cocoa is bringing a smile to my face now as I read your posts and that is a beautiful way to keep his spirit alive. 

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you still have the tiger tail?  If you don't, maybe you could draw a little picture of it, or write about it on a bit of paper and put it in the memory box too  (if you haven't already done it).    I can see Mouse's face the night he brought his real mouse as a gift to me on my bed when you tell me about Cocoa's face when he had that tail - no mistaking a proud cat with their prize!  :lol3:    These memories of yours are a real treasure, enjoy them and share them with others when you can:  Believe me when I say that Cocoa is bringing a smile to my face now as I read your posts and that is a beautiful way to keep his spirit alive. :heart4:
Before he was neutered he peed on it so I had to throw it away. :( My sister got it at an Exxon gas station.

Last edited:

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, that's too bad. :(  Maybe you could just write about it then, or if you have any pictures of him with it in his mouth, then you could put that in the chest.

I don't but I may draw one or buy a new one

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I like your story. Mandie use to fish out ice cubes in her water and play hockey. I always told Cocoa how strikingly handsome he was. I told him some day little girl kitties will come to the door. He'll answer it. They'll bat their little girl kitty eyes and say Oh Cocoa, will you go out with me some time. I think you are so fiiiinnnee. He'll say of course ladies. Lets go. They'd go out to a candle lit dinner for five. have tuna quiche and mouse mousse. He'll choose which one he wants. After dinner the two of them would go on a romantic walk in a dark alley. He'd propose to her. She says yes. They marry, have a litter of kittens and live happily ever after.