How do you accept?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lost a cat recently and it was so hard! Whenever I would walk by the places she would sleep, I would start to cry. But then I would remember some of the happy times like when she would put a jingle ball in the bathtub and run around in the tub and bat at it. Then I would start to laugh. So just remember all the happy moments you shared with him. He doesn't wanted you to be sad.

We are all here for you. You're not alone. :grphug2:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:rbheart:  Every kitty should be loved :rbheart:

Cocoa used to scoop dried poops out of the litter box and onto the floor then played soccer with them.

alisa brown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
AWWW what a cutie. I am sorry for your loss I hope all of our kitties are playing together in paradise.

tain669

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. Many God watch over you and I hope you will see you kitty in Heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been three weeks (hard to believe) since Sotchy died, I'm not quite as tearful about it as I was before but still feel sad for Merlin and also am hating Thursdays. My sister is going to adopt another cat so Merlin won't be lonely for long.

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been three weeks (hard to believe) since Sotchy died, I'm not quite as tearful about it as I was before but still feel sad for Merlin and also am hating Thursdays. My sister is going to adopt another cat so Merlin won't be lonely for long.
I'm so sorry. When I loss my very first feline, 26 yrs ago, my other baby was so heart stricken. Of course I was too. My vet recommended getting another one.

It worked out for both of us. Though even to this day I still think of all the babies who have passed, it helps to love another. My husband and I both say it hurts to love.

Our felines are our children and loosing them puts a hole in our heart. Thank God for our faith. We would never take the chance of love again if we never thought we'd ever see them again.

Getting another one is good for you, your sister and your lonely one. There may be some turmoil at first. Be patient. Hopefully this won't be the case but if so give it time.

Again my condolences.

zorisuzaru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my soul mate, Bubbles yesterday. My heart is shattered and whilst I have absolutely adored all of my cats, me and him had a special bond, the same bond that I am sure you had with your beloved Cocoa. I believe that this is not coincidence, our souls are intertwined with these particular cats and it was destiny that we would find them and share part of our lives with them (even if it was only short lived). Remember that the bond we have with these animals, cannot be broken. I just know we will find each other again, time after time, in different lives and different forms. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I lost my soul mate, Bubbles yesterday. My heart is shattered and whilst I have absolutely adored all of my cats, me and him had a special bond, the same bond that I am sure you had with your beloved Cocoa. I believe that this is not coincidence, our souls are intertwined with these particular cats and it was destiny that we would find them and share part of our lives with them (even if it was only short lived). Remember that the bond we have with these animals, cannot be broken. I just know we will find each other again, time after time, in different lives and different forms. 
thanks @zorisuzaru , this is exactly what I believe.  That that pure energy and love can never die, just change forms after, and that one day, we run into each other again.  Then talk about how great the times we shared were, but have to continue our journeys again.  This would be heaven to me.

I am so sorry for your loss, yesterday.  It will be extremely difficult for you for awhile, but know that Bubbles would not want you to be sad for too long.  For me it has been 2 months in losing my cat Sparky.  I do not cry anymore, but still am a little sad.  Keeping busy, helps me.  And talking to people on TCS.  Also, I have another 14yr old cat and 2yr old dog, and they help get over the sadness, too.

misssweetkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Planet Slamon (salmon and sleep) (I travel there a

I'm so sorry that your kitty Bubbles died. It's so hard when that happens. 
 Yes, we all will see our kitties again.

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry about Bubbles! It's so hard when your cats die, they're family. My sister has been very sad and empty since Sotchy died. Today, we're bringing home another furbaby.

zorisuzaru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, all of you. You have no idea how much your kinds words have helped me. When I come onto this site I am comforted simply by the fact that there are so many people sharing their hearts with these beautiful little creatures, there is so much love here, and it is heart-warming. CBowdidge, I wish you all the best with welcoming this new addition to your family! You must be so excited for all the adventures awaiting you.

alisa brown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, it has been over a week for me and I find myself searching frantically for my cats favorite toy "baby chicken" so I can have it have it to put by her photo - she has hidden it so well I cannot find it. It is probably under my oven or fridge. I went to her grave site and asked her to show me where she hid "baby chicken" so momma can have it- I know it sounds crazy but well...we all understand you pain, is all I am trying to say I guess in a rambling way.

HUGS

Last edited:

zorisuzaru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alisa it helps to know there are like minded people out there, its the little things like that which help us heal. for me, its a small cardboard box in our living room which he liked to sleep in (despite having the option of several beds, sofas, baskets with plush cushions etc, its their quirks which we fall in love with!), it is ripped at the sides and worn in where he used to play and scratch in it, we dont know what to do with it, it feels wrong to get rid of it!

alisa brown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Alisa it helps to know there are like minded people out there, its the little things like that which help us heal. for me, its a small cardboard box in our living room which he liked to sleep in (despite having the option of several beds, sofas, baskets with plush cushions etc, its their quirks which we fall in love with!), it is ripped at the sides and worn in where he used to play and scratch in it, we dont know what to do with it, it feels wrong to get rid of it!
Oh I can picture his little box, so sweet. Maybe you could put his things in it to store. Thanks for understanding. :)

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@zorisuzaru, thanks,. I'm looking foward to meeting this sweet girl. My mom and sister are off to pick her up now. I will carefully introduce her and Merlin. He's been lonely without Sotches. My sister needs a cat, she's been very sad and empty without him and it's just this constant presence missing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
zorisuzaru,

I am so sorry. I understand the tight bond. I love my cats so much but Cocoa and I are soul mates forever. It's so different with him. I feel him with me and in my heart with an awesome closeness. We'll always feel that. You with Bubbles and me with Cocoa. :rbheart:

Last edited:

amethystkytten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just reading this made me cry...The cat in my picture passed away at 16 years of age he was my soul mate kitty my best friend and comfort for so long and it still hurts to think back about him. To this day I swear I still hear his meow and feel him jump on my bed at night.Our minds have ways of comforting us by showing us what makes us happy or maybe perhaps he is still lurking about me to make sure I am ok. I felt like a piece of my heart was ripped out and shattered into a million pieces before being shoved down my throat. I visit his grave every day put out flowers and talk to him. I have pictures everywhere of him and his collar hangs in my living room next to his food bowl. There will never be another like him but just knowing I got to share his life makes me feel great. I think back to all the great times and try not to let the bad ones fill my mind. I tried adopting another cat but we just don't have that same bond and I don't think I will ever find another cat with that same feeling but it helps in dealing with the pain and I don't come home to an empty house.My deepest condolences to you and hope your heart heals.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Just reading this made me cry...The cat in my picture passed away at 16 years of age he was my soul mate kitty my best friend and comfort for so long and it still hurts to think back about him. To this day I swear I still hear his meow and feel him jump on my bed at night.Our minds have ways of comforting us by showing us what makes us happy or maybe perhaps he is still lurking about me to make sure I am ok. I felt like a piece of my heart was ripped out and shattered into a million pieces before being shoved down my throat. I visit his grave every day put out flowers and talk to him. I have pictures everywhere of him and his collar hangs in my living room next to his food bowl. There will never be another like him but just knowing I got to share his life makes me feel great. I think back to all the great times and try not to let the bad ones fill my mind. I tried adopting another cat but we just don't have that same bond and I don't think I will ever find another cat with that same feeling but it helps in dealing with the pain and I don't come home to an empty house.My deepest condolences to you and hope your heart heals.
hi @Amethystkytten  , I am sorry that you still feel that deep pain from the separation of you and your soul mate kitty.

you did not say how long ago he died, but that does not matter.  I was also very close to my 2yr old cat that just died in january, we also had a special bond, but I still have a 14 yr old cat and 2yr old dog,  so they have helped with grief.

I was just wondering if you thought that may be you cannot connect  on a closer level to your new cat, because you think that only one soulmate exists?   I used to think we only get one, too.  But when I look back to all the cats from childhood, till now,  they all had special places..I had multiple cats, so I cannot even say which of them I was closer to, since they each had their place.

I just don't think one soulmate exists, is all, i think you are given others, but have to make the room for them, too.  Each cat personality is different, so you may want to compare them (I do this alot, then realize I should just take them as they are...) I hope I did not offend you, I just don't want you to feel so much pain and feel your new guy may not fill the old guys shoes. You just never know.  take care.