How do you accept?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I knew grapes were bad for dogs, but I never thought about the cats.  I have so much to learn.

Don't beat yourself up about stuff.

I cried alot last night, too, but It was more because of the "missing" part, and the poem/song made me think about the fact that I think God did send Sparky down to me and my sister so we would not be sad because our 11 yr old dog died.

I knew this before reading the song, but it somehow made me remember again. It was a good thing, too.

because I then realized that both our cats are now enjoying their lives, without pain, either in Heaven, or the Bridge, or just their journey continues somewhere else.(It's whatever YOU believe, that matters.)

As @MissSweetKitty, said, they are all either "up there playing" and all of them are okay......  quote:  "He's up there with all his friends playing. He'll be okay."

It is nice for me to think that Cocoa and Sparky are sharing a coffee, or drink, at a bar up there, and talking

They probably look down at us and say, "Yup. that one over there is my gal"  and "that one is mine...lol."  ...

.."those gals are way too emotional, but what can we do about it" "they'll be okay, too."   LOL.....I know that sounds crazy, but it makes me smile.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know who sang the song? so I could maybe find it online. Or even the title?

p.s. I just noticed in that last photo, that he swatted his sister.....lol.....

He was fun, but what a handful.

Sparky, would try to do that to the senior cats too, but they would be doing the "swatting", and then he learned not to bother them so much.  lol.

I never took photos of it, though,  that would have been good to get.  lol.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you know who sang the song? so I could maybe find it online. Or even the title?

p.s. I just noticed in that last photo, that he swatted his sister.....lol.....
He was fun, but what a handful.

Sparky, would try to do that to the senior cats too, but they would be doing the "swatting", and then he learned not to bother them so much.  lol.
I never took photos of it, though,  that would have been good to get.  lol.

It was sung by Bobby Helms and Bobby Vinton. Not together though. Yea Cocoa liked to tease his sisters. If either was laying where he wanted to be he'd go up to them, turn around and stick his baby butt in their face. They'd get upset and walk away. He'd then take that spot. He was quite a character.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It was sung by Bobby Helms and Bobby Vinton. Not together though. Yea Cocoa liked to tease his sisters. If either was laying where he wanted to be he'd go up to them, turn around and stick his baby butt in their face. They'd get upset and walk away. He'd then take that spot. He was quite a character.
"The baby butt in their face" thing.....LOL...   I have seen that before, but it never worked for Sparky,  they would never move.

Just hiss, and hit him good.  He learned fast not to bother them.   So he would try with the dog, but the dog would just turn his head.

Only Spotty would play with him, but when he got tired, he would go upstairs, probably to hide from kitten Sparky.

As Sparky grew up, he did not bother them anymore.

Just play on the bed, when they woke up.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, I knew grapes were bad for dogs, but I never thought about the cats.  I have so much to learn.

I cried alot last night, too, but It was more because of the "missing" part, and the poem/song made me think about the fact that I think God did send Sparky down to me and my sister so we would not be sad because our 11 yr old dog died.

I knew this before reading the song, but it somehow made me remember again. It was a good thing, too.
because I then realized that both our cats are now enjoying their lives, without pain, either in Heaven, or the Bridge, or just their journey continues somewhere else.(It's whatever YOU believe, that matters.)

As @MissSweetKitty
, said, they are all either "up there playing" and all of them are okay......  quote:  "He's up there with all his friends playing. He'll be okay."

It is nice for me to think that Cocoa and Sparky are sharing a coffee, or drink, at a bar up there, and talking
  They probably look down at us and say, "Yup. that one over there is my gal"  and "that one is mine...lol."  ...
.."those gals are way too emotional, but what can we do about it" "they'll be okay, too."   LOL.....I know that sounds crazy, but it makes me smile.

It wasn't the grapes as much as the vines. They're hard and a cat can choke on them. Or swallow them and damage their bellies.

Last edited:

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

As @MissSweetKitty
, said, they are all either "up there playing" and all of them are okay......  quote:  "He's up there with all his friends playing. He'll be okay."

I'm sure God did send Sparky to you and your sister for that reason.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure God did send Sparky to you and your sister for that reason.
Thanks, @angels4mom,  I was doing the laundry again, and saw that window, where he used to go in and out of.  I didn't cry today,  but like you said it just hits me at times.

It's weird, because sometimes, it feels like so long ago, (only 2 months have passed), and sometimes its like it was last week.

Have you been doing other stuff to keep your mind off things?  Like t.v.? or cleaning? Laundry and stuff?

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, @angels4mom
,  I was doing the laundry again, and saw that window, where he used to go in and out of.  I didn't cry today,  but like you said it just hits me at times.

It's weird, because sometimes, it feels like so long ago, (only 2 months have passed), and sometimes its like it was last week.

Have you been doing other stuff to keep your mind off things?  Like t.v.? or cleaning? Laundry and stuff?

I'm sorry you're hurting. I try to be distracted but my heart still aches. I was thinking of doing a Precious Moments counted cross stitch for him.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
 I'm sorry you're hurting. I try to be distracted but my heart still aches. I was thinking of doing a Precious Moments counted cross stitch for him.
I feel the same for you, too

Is that cross stitch, some type of embroidery?  Like a hook and rug kit?

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel the same for you, too
  Is that cross stitch, some type of embroidery?  Like a hook and rug kit?

It's closer to stamped cross stitch. It's not stamped and the stitches are much smaller.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Angels4mom, I'm so sorry. Cocoa was a beautiful baby. I loss 2 last yr and it still hurts but knowing you gave him so much love, and he knew it, you gave him a great life! He's up there telling everyone who will listen that his mommy is the greatest. He says "is" instead of "was" because you two are tied together for eternity. He knows you two will meet again and as you see him in the pictures looking at the birds so he waits sitting and looking and waiting for you.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Angels4mom, I'm so sorry. Cocoa was a beautiful baby. I loss 2 last yr and it still hurts but knowing you gave him so much love, and he knew it, you gave him a great life! He's up there telling everyone who will listen that his mommy is the greatest. He says "is" instead of "was" because you two are tied together for eternity. He knows you two will meet again and as you see him in the pictures looking at the birds so he waits sitting and looking and waiting for you.
Totally behind these words, believe them and try to take some comfort.  All here with you.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thank you

alisa brown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I m so sorry I know exactly how you feel with cats I have lost in the past and recently. What a beautiful cat.

I was sitting here missing my baby too.

You are not alone. HUGS

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I m so sorry I know exactly how you feel with cats I have lost in the past and recently. What a beautiful cat.

I was sitting here missing my baby too.

You are not alone. HUGS

Thank you. I'm sorry you're hurting. They certainly steal our hearts. He was a beautiful boy. My handsome guy.

misssweetkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Planet Slamon (salmon and sleep) (I travel there a
I lost a cat recently and it was so hard! Whenever I would walk by the places she would sleep, I would start to cry. But then I would remember some of the happy times like when she would put a jingle ball in the bathtub and run around in the tub and bat at it. Then I would start to laugh. So just remember all the happy moments you shared with him. He doesn't wanted you to be sad.

We are all here for you. You're not alone. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Every kitty should be loved 

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lost a cat recently and it was so hard! Whenever I would walk by the places she would sleep, I would start to cry. But then I would remember some of the happy times like when she would put a jingle ball in the bathtub and run around in the tub and bat at it. Then I would start to laugh. So just remember all the happy moments you shared with him. He doesn't wanted you to be sad.

We are all here for you. You're not alone. :grphug2:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:rbheart:  Every kitty should be loved :rbheart:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Cocoa swatted the shower curtains when I showered. The good memories remind me he's not here any more.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sure is empty and lonely around here without Cocoa. He was such a huge joy inside a little package. He brought a lot of energy and life into our home. It was awesome how he could make fun out of the simplest things. He was a ray of sunshine. I miss you my baby booboo bear. I love you. Sending lots of endless hugs and kisses ( and head and chin scratches) to you my little love.