How Do I?

nickdnhr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat little box has no door. How do I keep the cat poop smell from leaving the cat box?

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the only way is to scoop it out and bag it as soon as you can after it happens.
Yes this. My cat doesn't really bury all her poo. The litterbox is clean 23 out of 24 hours of the day.

Of course it doesn't work if you live in a multiple cat household... I would recommend littermaid in that case.

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use a Rubbermaid storage bin with a hole cut out for the litter box. It's cheap and holds the litter, no mess. I also scoop several times a day. No smell. Another great item is a litter genie. I keep it by the box. As soon as I see poo I scoop it up put it in the litter genie. Smell is sealed. One bag lasts me a week. Then dump in garbage outside.

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The diy litter box. No litter mess. Then the litter genie beside the box. This pair plus frequent scooping gives me no odor.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A change in diet can have a tremendous effect. When my girls were on different wet and dry foods...they could have cleared the room after using a freshly cleaned litter box. I tried different litters, more ventilation, baking soda, cleaning it every few hours, adding more boxes and figured I was just going to have to clean it frequently to make it tolerable. I didn't change diet to improve the litter box smell but that was an added bonus. Now, cleaning it daily works well for us and there isn't an odor.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four indoor only cats. Out of the four, one in particular produces incredibly strong smelling poops. I guess some cats are just that way. :ohwell:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P5030299 (1).JPG
I have been buying for the last 8 years SUPER MIX Clumping Cat Litter - Long lasting odour control Imported from Canada. It comes in 18 kilos sacs.

I have always scooped once a day only and empty the litter box completely and wash it once every month. I have never had an odour problem.

Last edited: